Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 AM

Default The Nag in our Future

Yesterday my son was approached by one of the kids that's in some of his classes. The kid started giving my son grief about our Jeep (he saw me pick my son up the other day). He said that they were unsafe because they roll over, that they waste gas because they only get 10 mpg and that it has less room inside than his mom's car...a Prius.

My son comes home annoyed with this kid at least once a week; last week it was because my son had a ham sandwich for lunch instead of his usual PBJ. "Eating meat requires murder." was his protest that time.

His stories about this kid are amusing until I think that this could be our future. I've sensed a growing philosophical mind set that free choice isn't a good thing. Folks are more willing to defer to the smart guy in the room because that person knows best. I honestly believe some people want to be ruled, not represented. I don't know if this is because life is just too complicated or if folks are becoming lazy.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadrunner View Post

.....His stories about this kid are amusing until I think that this could be our future. I've sensed a growing philosophical mind set that free choice isn't a good thing.....
It's all part of the conditioning, along with the idea that a loss of freedoms and liberties, and lower requirement for personal responsibility are good things.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:20 PM

I agree it's all part of the kid's conditioning (brainwashing).

Of course, conditioning can take a different course...to the right instead of the left; either way you get a programmed robot and don't be surprised what's "in the future" because programmed robots are here among us now and they ain't kids.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:35 PM

That's why I'm trying to teach them to think and reason for themselves, I don't want them to turn out like you...or me.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Inactive User

The sandwich one is easy: 'There is room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the potatoes!'

The prius(of shit)? I would mention how inconsiderate it was of his mother to be driving around with complete disregard for public saftey without having the recalls addressed. How much blood(red) does it take to be green?

Besides it's high school right? Imagine the popularity your son would get if he gave the kid a 'character building seminar'(humiliation) in front of some other students. Remember us talking earlier? Instant confidence! Yes, your boy will be swingin' for the fences in baseball in no time!

'Course I had a similar instance in elementary school. My parents had a '65 Dart GT 273c.u. car. I was ridiculed as to having to ride in the 'Batmobile' everyday. High school rolls around and the car is mine by then. Got respect by whoopin' some goons camaero. I still have the car.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Inactive User

One of the primary objectives of a good brainwashing, by either the extreme left or right, is to convince the subject that it's the other side that's brainwashed not them.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartthunder340 View Post
'There is room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the potatoes!'
Awesome, that's funny.

Frankie, I tend to agree with your statement about the loss of liberties vs accountability, if you invite every aspect of your life to be governed then you always have an excuse for the way things turn out.

I don't tell my kids what to think, I tell them how to think. One of the "car games" we used to play was to debate. I would give them a topic and they would debate each other, I would moderate and help out which ever side needed it. I usually ran out of topics before they got tired of playing. It all started over a news article on school uniforms, something that affected them directly.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Inactive User

Keep it going, l.r I think you're doing the right thing by your kids.