Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Default New Driving Trends

Courteous driving habits help traffic flow better and they make the driving process more enjoyable and safer. On the other hand, discourteous driving causes delays, frustration and accidents. I've noticed a few practices that highlight the selfishness of some drivers:

To avoid a red light on a through road a driver will right turn on red, execute a U turn on the crossing street and then perform another right on red.

To avoid traffic waiting to turn right I've seen drivers speed through the parking lots of corner businesses or drive down the shoulder past cars waiting to turn right.

When making left turns at a signal I've seen as many as ten cars platoon through the intersection after the left turn light has changed to red. On roads where the signals are interconnected this often results in the opposing lane being blocked because there is not enough room in the receiving lanes for all the last cars that turned on red.

On signalized through roads I've noticed cars drive down a right turn lane and then squeeze into the through lane when the light turns green. This reduces the level of service at the intersection by stopping drivers wanting to make a right turn and it slows the through traffic.

At four-way stop signs I've noticed a second car piggy-backing with the car in front of them through the stop sign. This adds a lot of confusion regarding whose turn it is.

And lastly, I've noticed drivers ignoring stop signs and stop lights, treating them as yield signs.

All of these activities make the roads less safe and I implore all that read this to please refrain from these practices.