Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-22-2002, 06:34 PM

Wink Dealing with Nationwide insurance co.

Here's the short version:

Some dumb cunt rear ended the back of my 1971 Valiant on the right corner a few days ago, and was insured by Nationwide. The nationwide claims guy who called a few days later said they were taking 100% responsibility for it.

And now:

So my goal now is to soak these insurance bastards for every penny I can get out of their tight asses. I didn't THINK I was hurt in the wreck, but maybe it's one of those 'delayed onset' things? Would a trip to a chiropractor be a good idea? And what should I look for and what to say and not to say? The claims person will see my Valiant next thursday, so I need to have my act together by then.

I'm not looking to do anything *illegal* against the insurance company, of course, but it's only fair that I be fully financially compensated for any injuries that can/could/might/will occur to me as a direct result of the accident that was NOT my fault.

Any ideas? If you don't want to post them here, come to my website and click on the email link to get the information to email me directly about it. Thanks.

www.angelfire.com/pa5/timk225
Old 06-22-2002, 10:53 PM

I guess the question is, how serious was the damage to your Valiant? If they'll let you get your car repaired to your satisfaction, that should do the trick. As for the possible medical problems, I'd see a doctor just in case. But if you don't have any actual serious injuries, I can see this getting dragged out for a very long time with little gain. I know a girl around here, who tried the same deal. She wasn't hurt, they checked her out, and all it amounted to was delaying the process. I'd at least get the Valiant repaired, the rest is your call.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:49 AM
Inactive User

my 83 chev 4X4 was rearended on friday
the lady wasnt paying attention
my buddy had the truck-stopped at a stop sign
totalled her cavalier-she got a careless charge
the truck-the licence plate was almost facing down
the box side is messed up a bit

the ladies boyfriend doesnt want to go through insurance
which is understandable-had dealer plates on the car
his dad owns a garage
I have to get hold of them and find out what they are doing
they are real scared my buddy might do something(went to hospital right away-slight concussion and wipelash)
as long as he fixes the truck properly-no law suits
if he tries to dick me or my buddy around-then there will be trouble

the interesting stuff is
he is one of my best friends cousins
his shop is where I bought the truck from last year
Old 06-24-2002, 11:56 AM

Why not see if they'll just take the Chevy and give you a REAL truck (ie. Dodge)?
Old 06-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Inactive User

wow

Ever wonder why insurance premiums are so high?
Old 06-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Inactive User

Years ago my Challenger got hit HARD. So he offers $1600.00, not to bad in 1986 dollars. But it was a plain 318 "73" but CLEAN as a whistle.
So I took pic of my car to dealers and got 3 estimates for $2500.00, So Mr. enemy Insurance man says $1900.00 and keep it. Worked out OK. PS, broke my leg in the wreck, if I had a econo box, I'd be much much worse off.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:13 AM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

Yes, Tool, since I have a relative who works in the insurance business, I know why premiums are so high. Someone always wants something for nothing and they think the insurance companies are evil, so it's not wrong to steal from them. Fraud is fraud, no matter how you try to polish it.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:23 PM

Default Who's the fraud

Dealing with the other guy's insurance is difficult at best. I was rear-ended by a guy insured by Gecko. It was clearly his fault, no-one disputed that. An adjuster called me that evening to set up an appointment. He estimated $3600 in damage, totaled the car and offered me $1600 if I wanted to keep it. This was less than half the cost to replace it. I refused the offer, one thing led to another and 14 monthes later I got $2400 for it.

The point is, I'm out a perfectly good car and have to replace it using money out of my own pocket, or, I pay for the repair out of my own pocket.

Although my conscience would not allow it, this is the reason some people consider fraud.