Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin Dukes of hazzard on CMT

Just watched the first three shows from the dukes on CMT, I don't remember some of the first shows and this was cool, will have the dukes on all this weekend, and they will be showing the dukes weeknights also. I just got the first season on dvd but have not got them in the mail yet, will have fun watching them.

CMT is having a contest on the Dukes of Hazzard, just go to http://www.cmtdukesinstitute.com/ for the contest, 100,000 a year for being the pres. of the dukes institute, though some of you that remenber more of the dukes would like to take a change at it.

Brian
Old 02-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Banned

Biggrin

Second season is out on dvd too. THink my brother got them at wally world ... LOL!!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Inactive User

those first 3 make you wonder how they ever decided to continue, not very easy to watch. I noticed some interesting things in the first two episodes

1. I didn't know that the GL had rocker moldings
2. at one point, they hop into the car, but you can see the passenger door is not latched all the way
3. Catherine Bach is the most smoking hot piece of ass I have ever seen in my life.
4. didn't know that at one point, roscoe was supposed to have been an honest cop and only turned to graft when they voted down his pension
5. they should have featured the rolling whorehouse winnebego on every episode.
6. so many restorable cars in the background in the junkyard chase scenes
7. in the scene where they jump over the mound of dirt (scene that is the last one in the credits) they almost hit something on what looks like a metal post.
8. every scene from the opening credits throughout the entire series is from episode 1.
9. even my wife admits that catherine bach is the most smoking hot piece of ass that she has ever seen.

none of this is news to the real hardcore dukes fans, but to a casual fan like me, it was pretty interesting.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Inactive User

ive been having a riot the past day in a half watching all the episodes that they have played(i got them with the tivo) think i captured like 10 or 12 episodes. they are running them every week night at 7 and 11 on cmt also YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 02-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Banned

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkn1997
those first 3 make you wonder how they ever decided to continue, not very easy to watch. I noticed some interesting things in the first two episodes

1. I didn't know that the GL had rocker moldings
2. at one point, they hop into the car, but you can see the passenger door is not latched all the way
3. Catherine Bach is the most smoking hot piece of ass I have ever seen in my life.
4. didn't know that at one point, roscoe was supposed to have been an honest cop and only turned to graft when they voted down his pension
5. they should have featured the rolling whorehouse winnebego on every episode.
6. so many restorable cars in the background in the junkyard chase scenes
7. in the scene where they jump over the mound of dirt (scene that is the last one in the credits) they almost hit something on what looks like a metal post.
8. every scene from the opening credits throughout the entire series is from episode 1.
9. even my wife admits that catherine bach is the most smoking hot piece of ass that she has ever seen.

none of this is news to the real hardcore dukes fans, but to a casual fan like me, it was pretty interesting.

Did you miss the one where they race the General around the square and there is another General parked in a parking space on the square? Did you notice that the drivers head light door is open when they enter the square to report to the revenuers office? How bout in the opening scene where the 4spd General jumps the flat bed semi and the engine dies mid air? Or when the dukes drive for the demo derby to catch the thieves and Luke is in a demo derby car trying to climb out the window onto a semi, but it shows him climbimg out of the Generals window instead? There's a buch of screw ups in the 1st shows, but these are still the best ones.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Inactive User

for those of you that have either taped the episodes or have the DVD's.....take the time to pause it at some of the big jumps and advance it frame by frame on the landings, dang Bo, ya really gotta take it easy on the General!! I did it on a few jumps on the last episode that i just watched(the one with Cale Yarborough) holy crap did they tear up some iron. its also cool cause ya can see the stunt driver in the cockpit with his helmet on. What an awesome show, my ten year old daughter even loves it!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc43
Did you miss the one where they race the General around the square and there is another General parked in a parking space on the square? Did you notice that the drivers head light door is open when they enter the square to report to the revenuers office? How bout in the opening scene where the 4spd General jumps the flat bed semi and the engine dies mid air? Or when the dukes drive for the demo derby to catch the thieves and Luke is in a demo derby car trying to climb out the window onto a semi, but it shows him climbimg out of the Generals window instead? There's a buch of screw ups in the 1st shows, but these are still the best ones.
I did not catch any of those things, but I do remembe a later episode where they needed to trick someone somehow and they made 3 general lees. they were at some sort of race track. cooter just happens to have a couple of chargers laying around to pull this off.

they live in that dirthole house, cooter looks like he can't get it together enough to take a bath, yet they have the wherewithall to build a couple of extra chargers......
Old 03-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Inactive User

If yo do a search on line for the dukes of hazzard, you will get some good web sites for the dukes, with some good info on the show.

In the first show, one arm bandits, when bo and luke are loading the slot machine into the general lee, the pass. rear fender is dented, they forgot to film the dukes loading the slot machine. They had already did the jump over rosco's car, so they moved the car to there and filmed that part.

Did you see the chryler dealer in covington GA when they are at the revenuers office down the street.

The general lee that did the jump over rosco's car is the first lee built, lee1, that is paited blue and it the 71 petty race car in the show repo man, they have found it and are keeping it in the condition it was in that show.

Lee 1 also had dark interior, a 8 point cage, no rear view mirror, blue or black steering wheel, and no rear seat. The first show, they are waiting for the slot machines on the truck, you will see bo and luke in the lee1 car. On the dvd's first season, john and catherine narriate through the first show, rosco's name was misspelled on the wecome sheriff rosco, was spelled roscoe with the e on the end, they covered with balloons.

I would check out the dukes of hazzard web sites, ALOT of info.

Brian
Old 03-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Inactive User

Never paid attention about Rosco's name, but since it was at an orphanage, it would make sense at lease, being kids who painted it....... I've also seen the one headlight door up on several occasions in the show's run. I still think that's my favorite Dukes show of them all too.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Here are a some web sites for the dukes.

http://www.dukesonline.com/dukeslinks.html go to the link for the general lee fan club, has alot of info on the general lee.

http://www.thedukesofhazzard.net/ has the history of the show and the cast.

Brian