Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Hey, I'm going to Disneyworld!!

Actually,the family and I went this past July and it was fun. My wife made all the arrangements, all I had to do was drive, the real focus of this post.

We have a '97 Town & Country AWD and I didn't fully appreciate how comfortable this vehicle was until the return trip. It's 900 miles from Disney to the house. We left there at 4:00 pm on a Friday and headed to Columbia, MD. I had planned to drive until about 10:00 pm and then finish the trip Saturday but by that time I had only covered about 200 miles due to traffic. Not wanting to drive 700 miles in one day I decided to drive on 'til midnight. Funny thing was that at midnight I still felt really good despite having spent 5 days trekking around Mickeyplanet. So I made the decision to drive straight through. This is where I learned a few things about the minivan, driving on I-95 in the middle of the night and myself.

The van didn't miss a beat. Everytime a car passed me I would let them get about a quarter mile ahead the match their speed until eventually I was going around...well, lets just say it was fun. Travelling as such I found the van would burn through a tank of gas every 4 hours. I did not see a single marked police car, something I thought was strange. However, at one gas station I did see two guys cuffed and sitting on the curb while cops emptied their car onto the parking lot. I also was passed by a Mark VIII that was going very fast and only had their headlights on, no other lights at all, not even when braking. I didn't even try to follow that car for very long. I also found that as the speed increased I lost interest in the radio and turned it off. We made it home by 8:00a.m. The wife and kids were well rested and ready for breakfast and after unloading the van, I was ready for a nap.