Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts Wanted

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-16-2002, 06:39 AM
Inactive User

Help Need Powerglide to fit 440 in a dragster

I'm building a rear engine dragster using the 440 from my door-slammer. The car went 9.8's so I figure 8.8's for the dragster. Not really practical to use my TF727.

So, I'm looking for PowerGlide parts. In particular i need a case. The JW case, Dedenbear or equivalent is what I'd like to come up with. I'd rather not use an adapter plate.

PG shorty kit, good input shaft, good geat set, transbrake, explosion sheilds, etc., etc. are also on my list.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Inactive User

Default PG for a mopar dragster

I have a 440 mopar dragster. the dragster is a 95 S&W car.

Depending on the width of the frame rails will determine if it's easy or difficult. It most likely will be easy for you.

Those cases are great, but a stock cas with a JW bell installed will also work without any real issues. Your better to spend the money on the 1.8 straight cut gear set than on the great case.

I went with a stock case with JW bell and the aftermarket 1.76 9310 gear set. The planetary gear set broke with about 300 runs on it. Everyone I spoke with has broken the aftermarket helical gearsets in the 400 to 500 run area. Mine was a little sooner. The 1.8 straight cut gear sets are supposed to last very long.

I had issues because my frame rails are only 18 inches apart and the JW bell housing needs about 19 inches. If your 19 inches or more in the frame rails, go stock case, JW bell, 10 clutch drum, and a 1.8 straight cut planetary.

My dragster runs in the 8.30 BTW
Old 04-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Inactive User

Default trade my dragtser roller for a door drag car

Dragster 225” hardtail moly tubing rolling chassis The cage is 21" and will fit at least a 6', 205 lb. with no problem. It basically is all new as it has never been put together after it was redone. The motor plate is for a BB Chrysler so you will have to have one fabricated if you want to run a different combination.

The chassis was completely redone from the roll cage back by Ray Miller Race Cars, fitted for a big block mopar with powerglide and was powder coated black chrome. New Zeus fasteners were also replaced where needed and there are new panels for the new rear section.

The chassis was certified for (7:50 and slower) in June 2006, but it expired in June 2009. However, it will recertify. Overall, it has been sitting ever since with little things being done to it here and there.

The rear end is a Mark Williams housing and has all new parts in it. The center section is a Strange 9” with spool, 4:11 gear, Strange axles, and Aerospace brakes. Again everything but the housing is new. It also has a new Wildwood master cylinder that has never had fluid in it, and both the brake and gas pedals are adjustable.

The fuel cell, battery cut off switch, and charging lugs are also new. The gauges are Auto Meter, and the shifter is a Quarter Pro. Also comes with all the cables for the shifter, parachute (parachute and handle are included) and transmission. I also have the radiator, braided transmission lines, new quick release fittings, fan, and transmission cooler. These are already together and mount over the transmission.

The fiberglass seat has a new cover that attaches with Velcro. I have the carb tray, a scoop and mounting hardware (hardware is new). I also have a new steering wheel for it and a new K&R Dragster wiring kit with switch panel. This is specifically made for a dragster and comes with a large laminated installation diagram. The kit comes with everything to completely wire it.

It also comes with the following items a new JW powerglide ultra housing transmission with a 1.76 1st gear and a pro brake new uncut dash panel, one set big block mopar Borla up sweep headers.
More pictures available upon request
Basically everything is there to complete, I am looking to trade for a door car let me know what you got. I have over 18k invested so No junk pls Mopars perferred.
Call or text 904-589-8117