Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-16-2002, 01:38 AM
Inactive User

Default 318 Stroked + Twin Turbos

I'm thinking of building a 318 engine with a 360 crank to make it 350 cubic inches. Then twin turbocharging this setup. I'm wanting it to make roughly 450 horsepower at the flywheel, get better than 15mpg and do the quarter mile in less than 13 seconds and
0-60mph in less than 6 seconds. Any suggestions on how I should build this engine would be greatly appreciated. Also tips on how to make it bulletproof as it will be a 90% street car and only 10% strip. Thanks for any and all input.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:46 AM
Inactive User

setting up the stroker crank is the easy part. As far as how to set up turbos, talk to Dewme5 and check out his website. You'll get some good ideas there.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:25 PM
Inactive User

I actually just might sell my setup. I need funds so that I can get my engine back together. so, take a look on my website, and let me know if you are interested. sure, you will probably change things a little bit, but everything that is turbo associated will go at once. headers, exhaust out of the engine bay, carb hat, oil lines. One complete package.

I'm goign to go up to the 408 stroker, so I'm going to need different turbos anyway, so this would make things considerably easier for you. let me know if you are interested.

of if anybody is interested. we'll talk price if you are.. but trust me, it's goign to be cheap!

http://members.home.com/dewme53
Old 01-17-2002, 05:18 PM
Inactive User

hmmm im going yo be honest and say that the only thing im interested in is the T3s themselves. you re prolly not willing to break a part a rather hot set up but if you are then send me a email please.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Inactive User

i would, but it would all be the same price. one piece or every piece
Old 01-17-2002, 07:10 PM
Inactive User

would you care to discuss or name price?
Old 01-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Inactive User

in the neighborhood of $650

being able to find just turbos for that price shouldn't be so hard.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:22 PM
Inactive User

well i can find em for less but finding them is hard. i dont want to spend more than $200 for 2 decent turbos. local jy guy says $150 for "recent rebuild" and $100 for unknown. any one able to help a poor man? thanks for the offer dewme.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Inactive User

yeah, i wouldn't pay more then $150 for a turbo unless it was sitting on a shelf. rebuilt or not, if it's used, it's used, and questionable to some degree. I had a local JY want $250 for a t-03. I literally laughed at the guy. he then kicked me out of his yard.. oh well.

if you get one from a yard, try to get everything that attaches to it, (great time to take a cordless sawz-all with you.) Just gonna make things easier for you.

Yeah, I know i'm probably asking to much for the system, but i really want more for it. Take all the labor time involved, and what it's goign to take to get the next system all set up. (I would trade the whole setup for a nice tig welder.... lol)
Old 01-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

well i didnt say it was too much but i dont need the other stuff. we have all the welding/machining capabilities i would ever need. i plan on using the OEM truck air cleaner as my "carb hat". i cant decide on the exhuast manifolds though. shedule 40 it ll be. 3/8" flange. mild steel log style collector eventually all jet hotted. im not sure wether to make the header flanges with the automated plasma torch (scans picture of exhaust gasket tracing) or the new cnc mill. im thinking cnc. since machine use and metal is free and i allready have my "carb hat" really other than small plumbing all i need is the turbos. all the flanges and stuff are easy to do on the mill. i cant believe it though. yesterday i was quoted @ $350.
sheesh....can any one hook me up with a decent deal on the turbos them selves?