Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down DemonSizzler

After hearing all the positive feedback about DemonSizzler and his services I e-mailed him asking him what he would recomend from my TQ. After sending the initial e-mail and a second after not reciveing a reply in over a week I finally recived a reply. After sending him a third e-mail and not reciveing a repy in over two weeks he's lost my bussiness if he cant be bother to answer me something.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:56 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Last time I spoke with the man on the phone, he was still without a computer. He was doing biz the hard way. Someone else's computer.
Give Dave a break. This is not the only site that does biz with him.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:35 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

Rumblefish 360 I have some opinions on this subject also but will keep them to myself for about 6-7 more weeks. 76 Duster has a valid point IMO If David is going to be successful in his business even if it's just a sideline/secondary source of income he needs to keep customers and potential customers happy. Right now I'm not a happy customer but that's all I'm saying.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:44 PM

If you need someone to fine tune a TQ, or give advice on it DemonSizzler is the one to deal with. I had a problem too with him not replying to my e-mail, but I'm going to bug him again once I have problems with the carb again.

Last I heard Dave had an accident right around the same time he got a job out of town. He only got home on weekends, to where his computer and everything is. Everytime he's been on-line is when he could get use of the internet at a library. I don't know if the situation has changed, but it's usually only weekens he's online and adding together carb work he's doing, his own private time, and replying to the e-mail and posts he gets over the week doesn't leave a lot of time to get everything done.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Inactive User

Still I can understand him being busy but he should post somehting on his webpage about response time or his current conditions. When you put a page up like he has with an e-mail address people who are willing to pay for his service expect a reply is all I'm saying. If the nasty e-mail gets him more interested then great but if he wont reply then I can take my cash elsewhere
Old 04-23-2002, 07:49 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

76Duster, MY340;

You have your points and I won't put up a fight. When your right your right. Hurt feelings and poor contact are just that. Turn offs to ice the cake.
What kind of biz iz this to him? , I don't know.
But I understand you both.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:49 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

He has yet to have responded to my email. I understand if he can't keep up with the stuff going on. I just hate to hear good things about the quality of someone's work and not be able to use it. It looks like I will have to put some piece of crap on to get my lady running. Unfortunately, my thermoquads are not usable and I need to get her running by my birthday.
Does anyone have a thermoquad in excellent shape that they want to sell?
Old 04-24-2002, 04:14 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Hey....I havent posted fer a while but had to reply to this one......

I dealt with Dave from Down Under.....and he was a fantastic help to me in rebuilding and modding my Race 850 TQ.

I went from a strict Holley afficionado to a believer of the TQ !!!
All this with never having touched a TQ in my life. They are a very easy carb to rebuild if you do it step by step and take some time to understand how the carb actually works.

No different to rebuilding any other carb really. Dave was always there to lend a hand via email with setup/tuning advice and was EXTREMELY patient with me.

This was greatly appreciated by me as he did not stand to make any $$$ from me for this help.

He has had some probs as previously mentioned but I don't believe his side business is motivated by $$$, I feel its more for the love of the TQ and also b/c he likes to help people.

Hope u sort it out soon..........
Old 04-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Inactive User

Gam Man, I agree that David has been great with helping people out with tips and info myself included. He is very generous with his knowledge of TQ's and I agree his passion for Thermoquads is motivated by more than just money. I think it only fair at this time not to say more but will explain my situation sometime in the future. I know sometimes circumstances change things as with Harold and his Spitfire header production problems a while back.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Inactive User

Mopaul - I know a guy in Belpre OH that is a thermoquad expert. If you need help. He has rebuilt hundreds!!
Old 04-24-2002, 05:56 PM
Inactive User

Dan Cuda, I would be so incredibly grateful if you could put me in touch with him. Belpre is about half way between you and I, if I recall, not far at all. Please contact me with some way to get ahold of him. If you would prefer to not post here, please email me at EvilMoPaul@yahoo.com with this. Or you can have him email me there. I desperately want a TQ. My 440 is breathing too well for larger primaries on a street engine in a "Death starts at 26mph" kind of town.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:27 PM
Inactive User

Mopaul-- You have mail!!
Old 04-25-2002, 03:29 AM
Inactive User

If the Vendor states up front that it will take 4-6 weeks just to evaluate your carb after it is received should give an indication that the business is "not" a chat room. I sent an E-mail inquiring about service it was answered in a timely manner and a later E-mail inquiring if the carb and information requested was received, Dave answered this E-mail also. I expect to hear from him again in about a week to discuss what service I require. It's not much trouble to rebuild a T. Q. the kits are available at Kragens and Autozone for about $25.00 and it's just a matter of R&R the parts plus cleaning, if you need something more it will take time.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:44 PM
Inactive User

Smile

George, Email me at bking1@maverick-tube.com if you like and I'll reply to your comments personally. This is just to explain my situation not to bash anyone.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:55 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation

76 DUSTER, as I explained/posted on 3 boards, I was unable to answer e-mail for over one week, infact, I could not even retrieve any of it! I was relocated for my job and I have limited computer access; all of which is unavoidable. I am not ignoring anyone, but
due to the long hours I work on my regular job, it takes time to answer my e-mails.

My 340, I know that I have taken far too long to complete the build and for that, I apologize sincerely, but I am able to do the job right and have every intension to do so; the carb will ship
from a 24 hr US post office this weekend, DAVID
Old 04-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Inactive User

David I know you're doing your best to complete it and make sure it's right. I sent you an e-mail. Brian