Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: which car magazine do you like best?
Car craft 7 9.46%
Car and Driver 2 2.70%
Mopar muscle 50 67.57%
Mopar action 23 31.08%
mopar collectors guide 11 14.86%
truckin 2 2.70%
Desiel mags 3 4.05%
old out of print mags 4 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Car magazine choice

I did one along time ago and mopar muscle won with 61.54% well im doing it again for new members and new magazines
Old 11-10-2006, 02:16 AM
Inactive User

Smile

Hot Rod?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Inactive User

Mopar Action is about the only one in that list I read anymore ohter than Hot Rod. Most of what I read is actually hobby related like Model Cars, Scale Auto Mag, RC Car Action, RC Car, Extreme RC (not recommended if you have young kids at home!), RC Driver, AirBrush Action, and Trains! (real trains, not model trains).
Old 11-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Inactive User

Mopar Muscle just has more of the tech info that I desire, and Steve Dulcich is the man. I don't care much to see trailor queens shining in the sun, but I buy Mopar Action also, just to support them. Plus, they have a pretty good web site.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Inactive User

Hemmings Muscle Machines has become my new non-mopar specific favorite, with Car Craft falling to about 3rd or 4th now from what used to be 1st. Mopar Muscle would be my pick for Mopar mags.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Inactive User

After reading that they refused to do any FWD stuff or noticing a sever lack in anything Jeep, I won't buy Mopar Muscle. I also seem to remember them one time putting coilovers on the front of an A-Body and ditching the torsion bars with out improving the shock mounting areas on the car, so I have to wonder exactly how good their tech is............
Old 11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Inactive User

Anyone check out ol' skool rodz? I love it, mostly homebuilt rods.

Sam
Old 11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Inactive User

Mopar muscle and car craft are my favoite two to read. Car Craft is not quite as good as it used to be, but i still enjoy it. Hod Rod isn't bad, but they are a little too chevy loving for me. It is rare to see something other than an old camaro or chevelle in that mag. Lets also not forget mags such as four wheeler, JP and other good automotive mags.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:51 AM
Inactive User

I used to read Mopar Muscle, but they started doing less feature cars and more tch stuff.So now i`m a collector guide fan. They have more features , and more rare find stuff then the other 2 moper mags.
the thing i like best about M. C. G. Is the editors in your face ,way it is atitude,And especially how he bashes car thieves and people trying topass off cars as being something they arent.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Inactive User

As I recall, they took a reader vote as to whether to include any FWD stuff and the majority said No, so that's why they dropped it, so at least they asked the readers what they wanted. Besides, this is Mopar Muscle, which to me means old-school RWD vehicles. As for the lack of Jeep coverage, again, this is Mopar Muscle, which means muscle cars. Get JP mag for Jeep stuff. I love Jeeps too, just don't think they belong in Mopar Muscle. I mean this isn't Products by Chrysler magazine, although I guess that wouldn't be a bad magazine necessarily, just not what Mopar Muscle seems to be about.

I bet you it wasn't Steve Dulcich that did that article. He's mainly an engine guy. A lot of people try to apprentice under him. It's not like they only have one tech, and they take externally written articles also, so who knows who wrote the article you mention. Have you seen the shock mounting areas fail, or only on rusty vehicles? Are they too weak? Odd and irresponsible that they would overlook that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
After reading that they refused to do any FWD stuff or noticing a sever lack in anything Jeep, I won't buy Mopar Muscle. I also seem to remember them one time putting coilovers on the front of an A-Body and ditching the torsion bars with out improving the shock mounting areas on the car, so I have to wonder exactly how good their tech is............
Old 11-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Inactive User

I really dont read any of those anymore. the only thing i read is National Dragster.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Inactive User

i find that i read all three of the mopar publication with mopar action as the one i enjoy the most. this may be that is the first of three that i started buying and you know what they say about your first...

the only thing that i find is a pain is owning a car that is not a muscle car there is very little writen in all publication if it,s not an E,B or 68 and newer A body car. now these cars are cool but not all of use own or can aford one of thee cars.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Inactive User

Default Car magazine choice

Here's my $.02 I like Mopar Collectors Guide best simply for the fact it has so many addresses for parts sorces, new and used. All the ad's are definately a plus too. Close behind in second, is Mopar Muscle. Kind of a contrast to each other. The first is more of a resource for those of us that are still collecting peices and parts for out projects. The second magazine has more completed projects, if thats possible, and some new products/parts that are now availiable too. I don't go 1 month without buying both. I learn a little from both magazines and enjoy any car that someone has taken his time and hard earned $$$ to bring it back to life. That way, we all get to enjoy his car, even though he/she gets to drive it. JOE
Old 11-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Inactive User

Dad just bought the latest Mopar Muscle (the one with the '62 Belvedere 4dr turned Savoy 2dr on the cover), he wasn't exactly impressed by their "tech" article about making a GTX clone be able to turn. They added on some goofball (actually, kinda scary and half assed) PST bolt on swaybar kit (the car wasn't so equiped from the factory) and added new bushings, but never addressed the shocks, springs, and torsion bars as a way of improving handling. Kinda all but refered to them being kinda "Mickey Moused" in their way of doing it.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Inactive User

I subscribe to Hotrod to spy on the other brands, I subscribe to Popular Hotrodding because I like corner carvers, and I get Engine Masters too. Steve Dulcich has ALOT of work put into that mag. My favorite Mopar mag is Mopar Action.

I have about 11 years of Mopar Muscle subscriptions at home. My parents subscribed for me when I was 14 or so and still haven't canceled even though I moved out and away. When we go back home I grab em up and haul em home. My wife thinks we are swimming in car mags but is thankful it isn't worse because she very well knows it can be. I still dig through the early 1990's and find tech.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Inactive User

AT THE PRESENT TIME , I READ "MUSCLECAR ENTHUIASTS" & "CIRCLE TRACK".
Old 01-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Inactive User

Default truckin

because it's truckin,DAH........
Old 01-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Inactive User

RPM Street Shootout Magazine The premier heads up racing magazine IMHO!
I read them all but only subscribe to the heads up racing mags. I didn't reup any of my Primedia subscriptions after recieving "collection" letters from them. this type of deceptive practice to get peope to renew is wrong and I told them so in no uncertain terms. I value my credit score and won't tolerate anyone that threatens it!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Inactive User

Hemmings Muscle Machines, amd Hemmimgs classic Cars
Old 01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

Super chevy.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Inactive User

Too bad "Performance for the Chrysler car Enthusiast" and " Chrysler Power" went out of publication. They were different and more technical that the run of the mill Hot Rod/Mopar Muscle. I get most of the magazines, and it seems Hot Rod/Car Craft/Mopar Muscle seem to often re-print the same projects between the different Magazines. I alaways like Mopar Action, the Green Brick, and the Nitrous Rental car are classics.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Circle track for 12 years now
Old 02-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Ehrenberg at Mopar Action knows the tech stuff, Mopar Muscle is pretty good, arent they from time to time writing in there about slant sixs, but yet the readers voted no to FWD ( FWD inludes GLHS, Shelbys and SRT-4) but yet to make a slant 6 run as fast as most stock turbo 4s, you better get out your wallet!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Inactive User

Default Cars Illustrated

I am curious how many people read or remeber "Cars Illustrated" magazine.

I loved that magazine. I read it from cover to cover and still have about 10 issues in a box. I like to bring them out now and then and read some of the old articles. I think it was the best ever!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Inactive User

gotta love that mopar muscle
Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Inactive User

My magizine purchase sometimes changes with an article. For instance Mopar Action did that series on the Savy Savoy with the 360 EFI conversion. So I made sure I bought every mag that had an article on that. I bought that same crate engine for my 65 Cuda, so I'm very interested in buying that EFI kit from Ma Mopar, so for now Mopar Action gets my vote!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Inactive User

I get both MM and MCG but really wish that MM would accually read what they type before printing the mag. I've been a printing press operator for almost 10yrs and it really sucks to find they dont even use basic spell check.

I'm a much larger MCG fan then any other mag. The only thing I like getting better than MCG is my Up Front SDAC newsletter
Old 03-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Inactive User

I like the old format of a couple years ago for Mopar Muscle. Still a good rag, though.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Inactive User

I subscribed to Hemmings Muscle Machines and like it. Large color pages with well formated specs/bios on the cars. The Editorials are interesting to read.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM

Biggrin

I haven't bought mags in many years, but back in the '60s, I subscribed to Hot Rod and Motor Trend. I would pick up Car Craft at the store. Back then, Car Craft was the size of a Readers Digest.

Now and then, Popular Mechanics would run a decent auto feature. I think Tom McAhill used to write for them.