Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Inactive User

Default Dodge Demon Concept

Hey guys and ladies. i have a question for you.

Who thinks the Dodge Demon Concept would sell very well? who thinks it wont. Plz give me some in put on this.

i know its not like the OLD one from the late 60's and early 70's dart. but i think they got potential. Dodge may have something to compete with the Mazda MX5, Pontiac Solstice, and Saturn Sky Red Line. I know id buy one, cause its neat.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Inactive User

Default Count me in

The market for that size car is growing, as can be seen by the number of Solstice and Sky's around here. The Sky is killer good looking, but still GM. Hey, you get a drop top, performance, great mileage and low price fun. Outta sell.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Inactive User

Demon came out in 1971 I think.

I don't know how well it will do now; I don't know how well the Challenger will do after the buy-out.

Assuming the worst (and likely); who will honor your warranty if Chrysler is no more or bought out by, oh lets say, Toyota?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Inactive User

If it's as good as it looks, it'll sell well.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Inactive User

I think the Demon concept would do great, the Sky and Solstice are selling like hot cakes and the Miata has always done well. I am not big on that type of car, but I do think it would sell very well.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Inactive User

Default Demon reply

Most manufacturers today don't just jump into a new model without having an existing platform developed or planned for multiple models. That is the problem with the Demon concept. Certainly it's cool, yes it would sell, but the question is how many and what is the cost to develop a new platform? The latter is the kicker-cost. I recently read in a Mopar magazine that development costs could be as much a half billion to bring it to market, mainly because of a lack of an existing platform.

Face it, Chrysler can't afford that much in R&D costs at this time for a model with limited appeal and sales, unless they can use the platform for other models.

On the upside, Chrysler needs more smaller car models at this time, so developing a multi-use platform could be feasible and the Demon could happen down the road.

Yes, I think the Demon would be well-received. No, I don't think they could sell enough of them to justify the investment at this time. Sure, it's a cool car, but that is the way things are done in business and in the automotive world. If you don't keep things in the proper financial perspective, you go out of business and we don't want to see that happen to Chrysler. But maybe down the road...