Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: Worst Car Enemy?
Ford 12 9.76%
Chevrolet 29 23.58%
Riceys/Japs 70 56.91%
European 4 3.25%
Other 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Inactive User

What a joke. Ricers arent really a threat to anyone but themselves and any bystander that gets killed when their Japo-Crapo flips into the crowd. My problem lies with the mentality these asshats have when it comes to cars in general. Anything plastic and FWD is better than any car from the 60s. Great strides have been made since the 68 Hemidart. HOWEVER, 10 seconds then is still 10 seconds today. Fast in 66 is still fast. Difference being you didnt need to be a .com millionaire to go fast in 66. Anyone can spend 30 grand and go fast. I could do it for less than the price of a base Corolla, and still not have the same retarded Transformer looking econobox that everybody else has. Its called S-T-Y-L-E. I dont need 2000 watts and 13 tens in da trunk yo. I got a V-8 to sing to me. I believe I could PUNISH a ricer in my Valiant when its done, for less than what they spent on gay-balls stickers,pootcans,and lights.

PS. You dont need an engineering degree to adjust MY timing.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Inactive User

I went a Mopar event about 7-8 years ago and seen a 13 second 440 Charger go heads up against a 1981 Plymouth Horizon. Fans were laughing their butts off, as I was also during the fwd burnout. Eleven seconds later you could've heard a cricket fart at 128 yards except that Charger was still 2 seconds from the finish line.

King:
Quit hanging around the high school Corolla driving, stereo thumpin crowd and seek out some of the adult owned import cars. They won't have any pootcans (WTF?), or gay-balls stickers (I ain't going there...). Then again, maybe the import adult drivers may possess enough brain cells to not race on the streets, but will take it to the strip.

FYI, I own a 67 barracuda fb and a subaru wrx (stock). The only muscle cars I'd own are Mopars and the only new cars I'd buy are Japanese. I driven domestics for 22 years, in 2002 I decided I wanted to own a quality car for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Valiant
My problem lies with the mentality these asshats have when it comes to cars in general. Anything plastic and FWD is better than any car from the 60s.
Asshats... LOL!! Plastic is lighter than steel which translates into SPEED. Any racing fan will know that. And FWD for a dailey driver is much better than rwd, especially in adverse conditions. Mine is awd
Old 12-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Inactive User

Ok all of those choices suck.

Im not crazy about Chevys because it seems like every Joe Dirt (yeah I know he drives a Dodge, but you know what Im talking about) goes and gets a v6 Camero and thinks he's hot shit, Caviliers are now into the rice scene (are they not aware that they arent imports?) and people try to "pimp" out Monte Carlos with all that bling (I know Big E is rolling in his grave). Plus they just seem cheap and havent come out with anything decent to look at in a long time and Im sick to death of hearing the NASCAR boys whine when they dont win. And dont get me started on the fact that I think Corvettes are the biggest sell outs next to Mustangs....

Ford, what can we say? You turn 16, your mommy and daddy get you a v6 Mustang like all the other little boys. Along with Chevy, there are more and more Fords on the import scene...again, not an import, just people starving for attention. At least I can say the new Mustang looks a little better than it did...I guess.

Imports. I shouldnt really knock the retards of the car world, cuz its not nice to pick on people who just dont know any better. I used to have a little Mazda that I started to mod, nothing crazy..looked stock, just did a couple little things. Then as I got older and realized that there was no one my age into it (Im only 24) I saw what everyone was making fun of. It was no longer making your car nice, it was making your car so blatently that you stand out from the crowd. As soon as I totalled my car, I got the car Id wanted for awhile (Stratus RT) and say the error of my ways in the world of rice. I still go to meets and whatnot, and Ill be civil with them, but really they have the gayest ideas. And whats up with trying to race everyone? Granted, my car isnt the fastest out there, but I guarentee that I can beat a Civic or Integra, yet, they pull right up to you and start revving. My car is quick, I dont feel the need to prove it to you...I know what it will do, and damnit its better than what your riceburner can do! LOL K, sorry Im done with my rant.

Not too bad for my 2nd post eh?
Old 12-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Inactive User

i always wondered what happened to all my old coffee cans they convert them to rice exhst tips besides ford ,chevy at least there buying american hell my daily is a 96 gmc suburban hooked up of course
Old 12-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Inactive User

I'm going with Ricers here, but that also includes their American and european counterparts. 4 or 6 cylinder, front wheel drive, sports compacts. You know what I mean, those little pests that sound like chainsaws on steroids.

Of course, I make one exception for the original VW Beetle. It never pretended to be anything it wasn't, and it was just plane fun to drive.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Inactive User

saw a vw at englishtown a few years back dont know how he did it but it was running a 440 what a blast to watch
Old 01-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs01RT
Ok all of those choices suck.
Cry me a river.........
Old 01-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Inactive User

If I cry you a river...will you build a bridge and get over it?

And I meant they all suck as in all of those cars suck...Chevy's, Ford's, Imports...not that the poll sucked.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
If I cry you a river...will you build a bridge and get over it?

And I meant they all suck as in all of those cars suck...Chevy's, Ford's, Imports...not that the poll sucked.
LMAO!!! Depends how high the river is? No worries mate, get people complaining all the time about how the options aren';t good enough so I guess I just jumped.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Inactive User

LOL, trust me, if I was going to bitch about something...I'd let you know exactly what I was complaining about!

No big deal...I will alway have enough smart ass coments to go around LOL
Old 01-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
LOL, trust me, if I was going to bitch about something...I'd let you know exactly what I was complaining about!

No big deal...I will alway have enough smart ass coments to go around LOL
LMAO!!! Be sure to let me know when you do.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Personally, I thought you did a pretty good job of moaning in your "...2nd post".

I have to admit, I have been losing heart in MoPars for a while. I don't like FWD, no, not even in the RT, and I would gladly take a V8 Mustang or a Corvette over any V6 fwd car made by any manufacturer. At least these cars have the engine pointing in the right direction, and are being pushed by the right set of wheels...

I've got a couple of V8 Darts, and Recently I bought Fury III Wagon, My wife was very interested in a Mustang about a year ago, but when I read about the Magnum, I was able to convince her to hold off buying the Mustang until she could, at least, drive the Magnum. She did, and now she has one. She selected the car and the color, and I selected the drive train. It's a Hemi, of course.

During Chryslers FWD only years, I went to buying trucks and vans as my daily drivers. I read a lot of BS about Dodges being less dependible than other brands, but my 86 B150 van turned 301,000+ miles before blowing a head gasket on a completely stock 318, and now has nearly 400,000 on the original engine, with the original bottom end (tell me how bad mobile one is).

I had a 76 Van that I also bought new, and it was stolen with 286,000 miles on it. I heard the van being started, and I chased it down Highway 21 in Clifton NJ heading toward Newark, in my wifes (New at the time) 81 Oldsmobile. That old van simply out ran the Olds, until is simply disappeared int the night.

Import or Domestic doesn't matter to me, if it has a sidways engine and gets pulled along by the front wheels, I don't like it. Also, it will never be a performance car IN MY OPINION. I know there will be defenders of these little cars, and their capabilities as performance platforms, but as I stated, this is MY OPINION.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Inactive User

I, for one, agree with you on the FWD part. Yeah, its pretty crappy that Ford & Chevy still make RWD "performance" cars and Dodge doesnt. Its bad enough there is rumor of them totally getting rid of all 2 door coupes (except the Sebring).

I dont make any claim that my car is a performance car...because its not. Cars now arent at all the same as true performance cars of "back in the day" and I dont think we will ever see cars like that again. Honestly, if you had a brand new Nissan 350z or even a 90 Nissan 300zx (let alone all these people with riced out Civics and whatnot), if, by small chance it hasnt fallen apart in 30 years...do you really think its going to be a true classic/collectors car? The 300zx (this is just my example) is no longer made, and hasnt been made for 10 years. No one is hunting these down like they are Cudas or Chargers.

Oh, and Frankendart72, since we are typing and I cant hear your tone of voice in the post...was your comment towards my post meant in a bad way or a good way? Because, like you said in your post....that's MY opinion
Old 01-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Inactive User

Post Worst enemy

If it hasn't been mentioned before, Salt
Old 01-28-2005, 09:12 PM

The 300 ZX has been brought back within the last couple of years.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Oh, and Frankendart72, since we are typing and I cant hear your tone of voice in the post...was your comment towards my post meant in a bad way or a good way? Because, like you said in your post....that's MY opinion
Actually, it was a joke, it wasn't meant in a good way, or a bad way.

If I had something good or bad to say about one of your posts, I'd let you know exactly what I was talking about. I'm not shy, but I'm not an attack dog, either. I just think that this type of post is extremeny subjective, and any answer posted here can't be definitive, it can only be an opinion.

I have very few problems with any brand of car or truck, I have issues with the method of motivation. For me 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, or any other number for that matter FWD just doesn't cut it. That said, I find very little objection to 4 or 6 cylinder RWD cars, or all wheel, or 4 wheel drive, for that matter, as long as the engine is mounted north/south. So the bottom line for me seems to be, I don't like front wheel drive, or transverse engines, branding is irrelivent.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
The 300 ZX has been brought back within the last couple of years.

Actually, no, it hasnt. The 350Z is a new car that is based on the 300ZX. Not the same car though. If that was the case, then we can say the Charger is still being made. Same name, different car....
Old 01-30-2005, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Actually, no, it hasnt. The 350Z is a new car that is based on the 300ZX. Not the same car though. If that was the case, then we can say the Charger is still being made. Same name, different car....
Yes, Meg, you are right.....technically, but remember the 300 Z started out, I believe, as a 240 Z. Not sure if there was a 260 Z, but There was indeed a 280 Z. All were known as "Z cars" among enthusiasts. The 350 Z is just part of the evolution of the Z car.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Way too much rice talk

At the strips Chevys dominate the entries. Here in MN at least 70% are chevys so that makes Chevy the enemy. My friends are Chevy guys I'm the only Mopar runner. The only advantage Chevys have they are less expensive to build. Boo Hoo.. Rice burners are not even worth talking about..
Old 03-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Inactive User

I agree cudadrag, but, only the Chevy bolt-on parts are cheaper, machine work is the same. Also, big block Chevy's are as expensive to build as big Mopar's. The small Chevy's are fast, once you change out all the crappy stock Chevy parts!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Banned

Chevy sucks
Worthless hunk of iron pos
Old 03-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Inactive User

Default The very worst

The federal government. If you don't think so, look at what is happening right now. The new dictator wants to tell GM, Ford and Chrysler how to do business. Oh, and the new fuel economy rules. Hit them when they're down!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Inactive User

Now Ma is being told to merge with FIAT? What? :-( PCRMike
Closed Thread