Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: Worst Car Enemy?
Ford 12 9.76%
Chevrolet 29 23.58%
Riceys/Japs 70 56.91%
European 4 3.25%
Other 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Inactive User

Angry Worst Car Enemy

Simple one guys.....What is your worst car enemy?

# Brand you dislike the most?
# Car culture group?
Old 10-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Inactive User

Worst car enemy is simple, MONEY mostly the lack of it when you need to go faster or something breaks.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:26 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I meant as in MOPAR opposition or CARS you just can't stand
Old 10-09-2003, 07:12 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

I live in Southern California so all I see is ricers 24/7. It would something if they were fast or even of they were done tastefully. But instead I am subjugated to the eye pollution that is half-assed body kit installs, neon lights, ten foot aluminum spoilers on FWD cars, annoying fart-sounding exhausts, all the while the car being half primered. If that isn't bad enough the 17" rims and the stereo I can hear a block away add to the supossed "bling" factor of these rediculous cars and there retarded 15 year old drivers, who imagine themselves as racing gods. So yeah you could say I hate ricers.
http://www.mopars.org/images/9907imgl.jpg

Starving college student spending more than he can afford for his obbsession, motorsports!
Old 10-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Inactive User

Angry

I can JUST stand ferd, I can JUST stand chiv but I hate those riceys to death and my reason........don't need a reason there rice
Old 10-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Inactive User

Live and breathe MOPAR. Eat Chevys and Fords. SH!t imports.

The import is not a feared enemy. It's more like an embarrassment that they even try to pull up a muscle car. I thought that they had to pull those cars backwards on carpet before they could go forwards.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

There not a feared enemy, there my worst car enemy.......There car culture everything from there 5hp mufflers to there plastic interior!!
Old 10-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Banned

I hate chebby and there owners. At the tracks they will cheat like h#ll and if a Mopar wins then they want to protest cause they know there cheating and figure we are foing it even more, cause only chebby lords no a mopar cant out run a chebby. Then they tear us down and find out we have less than what they have and less than the rules say we can have sometimes. Makes those little bowties spin with anger too.

They just always think they have to win and nothing else can touch them unless it's another cheated up chebby.

As for ricers, never seen one that could touch any of my original show cars much less the street or race cars.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:31 AM
Inactive User

The EPA and rust are my cars worst enemies. As far as other cars, I loathe the ricers and all their lack of intelligence which is what they claim to have and we don't. Here's a few quotes from an issue of Sport Compact Car magazine about the 2Fast2Furious Camaro and Challenger.
"For those throwbacks still stuck readind "Car Craft", "2F2F" included some classic musclecars in its mix of automotive lust. The Dodge didn't make it out to Fontana for our test, but the Camaro was there in all it's fuel-swilling, primatively suspended, lousy-braking glory. First this is not a genuine Yenko Camaro, but a clone built to duplicate the car down to the smallest haphazard construction error. This Camaro is powered by a 427-cubic inch(7.0 liters to those of us comfortable in the 21st century), iron-block, cam-in-block, overhead valve V8 making 425 hp despite relying on a giant fuel-leak called a "four-barrel carburetor" for induction. The steering is as much by blind luck as it is by a recirculating ball and the solid axle on leaf springs rear suspension is about as supple as a cinder block being slammed into an old Norge freezer."
They continue to slam the "prehistoric" musclecars yet, in their testing of their precious jap toys, the Camaro stomped their high-tech 93' Supra Turbo, 99' Skyline GT-R R34, 02' Evo VII, 93' RX-7 and 00' S2000. They also claim any moron with a Jegs catalog can make a musclecar go fast, but it takes intelligence to make a 4 or 6 cylinder go fast. How is it that us ordering a cam is any different than them ordering a cam? Where is the huge difference that makes us simple morons and them a super-intelligent higher order of life than us? It takes alot of intelligence to spend $10,000+ to get their rice to go as fast as our prehistoric musclecars. ee: ricers
Old 10-10-2003, 05:04 AM
Inactive User

Angry

That's got to piss you off reading that stuff I mean they don't know what there talking about for one, Muscle cars weren't made to set Indy car records they were made for straight line acceleration and they got that from the Hot rods out in the salt flats. "Easy to order hp for muscle"?? Why do it, because we can. I was on a NZ site checking out some riceys whilst cruising through and I see a comment it read: "All Yank Tanks are Big chunks of metal, there just for the driver to exstend his family jewls!" He was talkng about a bone stock concours 69' Firebird...I mean sh#t! Here he is saying we need big worked cars to extend you know what, when they are out there with the works stickers, blah blah blah you know what I mean and he has the nerve to call that car a "jewl extender" I got back and simply said: "This car is Stock, stock = No MODS japs are the ones puting on 5hp mufflers systems, stickers, lights, plastic interior and big chrome wheels......NOW, Tell me who has to have there manhood enlarged by way of car?" He hasn't got back! The day I see a STOCK ricey that is clalled classic and stops traffic, I might give them a glance...........Sh#t what am I talking about, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 01:57 PM

Has anyone actually looked at the parts for these SLOW cars? They are through the roof and the parts seem to add very little horse power. I have a buddy who runs his RSX at the track he spent about $30,000 (not a lie) for a motor swap, supercharger, and alot of bolt ons. The sad part is it runs a 13.5. I could literally have a 10 second or lower car for his amount of money.

I think what will be even worse is that presently I am 20. I can imagine when I am 40 years old, I am going to here some guy say how great and fast his Honda was back when he was young. God, I hope no one will try to restore these worthless aluminum cans as I grow older.

Starving college student spending more than he can afford for his obbsession, motorsports!
Old 10-10-2003, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 73calroadrunner
I live in Southern California so all I see is ricers 24/7. It would something if they were fast or even of they were done tastefully. But instead I am subjugated to the eye pollution that is half-assed body kit installs, neon lights, ten foot aluminum spoilers on FWD cars, annoying fart-sounding exhausts, all the while the car being half primered. If that isn't bad enough the 17" rims and the stereo I can hear a block away add to the supossed "bling" factor of these rediculous cars and there retarded 15 year old drivers, who imagine themselves as racing gods. So yeah you could say I hate ricers.
Amen to that brother,
We've got the same problem in Texas and Ok. I'll admit I've been beaten by ricers but it's VERY VERY seldom. I wouldn't worry about them dogging us too much in their magazine, I let my e.t. slips do my talking. Remember 90% of autos made today are thowaway, they won't last 30 years.
Don't really have a problem with Fords, sorry NZ 440R/T but I grew up with them. Chevys however far as I care can eat sh*t and die slow!
Old 10-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Inactive User

The thing is, In NZ there are very few American Muscle cars (V8)s so we tend to be in the same group.........Then there's the millions of rices who hate the lot, chiv, ferd, Mopar. What I'm saying is I'd rather 8 sparkpulgs than a plate of dim sums.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NZ 440R/T
The thing is, In NZ there are very few American Muscle cars (V8)s so we tend to be in the same group.........Then there's the millions of rices who hate the lot, chiv, ferd, Mopar. What I'm saying is I'd rather 8 sparkpulgs than a plate of dim sums.
\

I can understand that how's the saying go: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," or something like that.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:27 AM

I was kind of surprised to see that Imports had more votes than Chevrolet. It seems to me that more rules have been written that have beaten Chrysler over the head to help Blowties than anything the import crowd has done.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of fart tips, but compared to the things that have been done to Mopar and it's fan's thru GM bias, the import folks are at best, just a minor irritation.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Inactive User

Well put Stoga well put Very true statement and I didn't take that into consideration when voting but my answer is still the same because down under any Muscle is hard to find or rare so imports still get two thumbs down, followed close by chiv.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Inactive User

ford seems to be the one now trying to degrade the Mopars. Two commercials in the truck department down playing the Hemi Ram of which one is also against chevy. Dodge must be doing something right to make them resort to political style smear campaigns to try and get sales up. I guess the SRT-10 Ram kicking the piss out of their precious lightning should make for some interesting advertising. Next thing you know they'll be boasting that their ford gt will whoop-up on the Viper. Oh, wait a sec, they already have. Must be some pretty sad times at ford to have to go back to a race car from the 60's, which they had to steal designs for by reverse-engineering the ferrari race cars, to compete. Wait till the new Viper comes out in a coupe form, it'll probably get a power boost as it did before.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Stoga
I was kind of surprised to see that Imports had more votes than Chevrolet. It seems to me that more rules have been written that have beaten Chrysler over the head to help Blowties than anything the import crowd has done.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of fart tips, but compared to the things that have been done to Mopar and it's fan's thru GM bias, the import folks are at best, just a minor irritation.
The enemies are not the cars, but tha a-holes who drive them. Although I love MOPARs, Ford & GM also have cars that are a part of American automotive history. In the past, I would have to agree the the bowtie attitude problem, but now the young punks in their Honda Civics have the "I'm the sh!t" attitude. I'm able to have conversations other muscle car owners, whether I like their car or not. These ricers have no clue to what you are talking about. There is a certain pride in owning a muscle car that these kids have no comprehension of. I just hate their attitude and the bowtie boys are just above them. I can honestly say I have never had a problem with the Ford boys.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:00 AM
Inactive User

To me, the import owners are annoying, snot nosed punks. Most of the ones around here have grown up though and aren't as bad as they once were. Although there are still plenty around though. I even think ricers have, for the most part replaced the much hated Camaro owner as the butt of the opposing camps jokes. I totaly agree with 74sport on his opinion, it's not the car it's the owners.

You guys may get a laugh out of this:

A co-worker who also works for a Ford dealership and drives a brand new 4.3 V-6/5-Speed Silverado LS Sportside had a salesman at the dealership tell him he couldn't park his Chevy in front of the dealer, first thing that crossed my mind was that they didn't want to give people false hope that a better vehicle was sold there. The another saleman his Chevy was crap compaired to the new F-150's. As you can imagine that pissed him off, so he told what I had suggested he say in that situtaion, I may be a Ford mechanic, but thats the reason I drive Chevy. The salesman wasn't happy . He has also recently noticed that most of the Chevy's trucks they get at the dealership as a trade in seems to sell within a couple of days of recieving them, while the Ford trucks just sit, and sit, and sit........
If you are wondering, I drive a Cherokee Limited with a 4.0l I-6/auto/full time 4wd, and yes he and I have sparred a couple of times. And yes I have taken him in every run, so far up to 60mph where I've backed out of it. His excuse.......I bogged it, or I missed a shift, or both like tonight !
Old 10-22-2003, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 74sport
In the past, I would have to agree the the bowtie attitude problem, but now the young punks in their Honda Civics have the "I'm the sh!t" attitude.
Thats because they just traded in their Shivvys for imports. I believe the reason for that is, most of the automotive "lemmings" who are following the latest fad, are mostly former Bowtie/GM owners or the offspring of the same.

It used to be all the automotive magazines, reviews, media outlets were strictly pro-GM pro-Bowtie, now that has switched to a large part pro-Japanese import. Automotive and Car and Driver are still good examples of this, there are too many others.
Myself, I think the magazines just promote what they are told to promote, and would rather decide for myself what I think is the best deal.
Hey, I'll listen to Consumer Reports when I need a can opener or a bucket of paint. But after seeing some of my friend's ordeals with their headgasket blowing, floor rusting ,suspension breaking imports, when it comes to a decision costing thousands of dollars, I'll take the paid media's opinion of what is a "best buy" as just that, a paid opinion, hardly fact.
They don't keep the cars long enough to give a good judgement on longevity, anyway.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:10 AM
Inactive User

I live in the panhandle of florida. All you see around here is the typical "All Show, No Go" Ricers! They think they are gods gift to the racing world. You can't drive anywhere without seeing a herd of them in the local parking lots. They have to be the worst car enemy!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:17 AM
Inactive User

I just thought of something worse than any of the above, salt! It is getting to be salt season here in Chicagoland, and I live in an area where they don't always plow the roads, but they always poor tons of salt on it instead.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Inactive User

It would have to be ford. For some reason it seems like most ford guys hate mopars. Thus I hate fords.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:23 AM
Inactive User

yea same here in colorado. Theres many retard ricers that think they are better then everyone else, with the half-assed body kit, 5" coffee can muffler, intake, and thats about it. Some people at my school think they can "overpower" me just becuase I have an old car. Theres this one kid who who has a mitsubishi eclipse and talk everyday about it, like betting everyone in town, driving 1000miles up and down the streets looking for someone to race...LOL! This other kit has a toyota celica, he took me "riding" in it, and Oh My God, he thinks its a screamer, but it barly puts you in the seat, with the 105hp 4 banger. Just though id share what some ricers think
Old 12-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Inactive User

Default Ricers

You can talk to a chevy or ford owner. Who want's to talk with a Ricer

Now go vote again!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricers
Old 12-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by bjoehandley
I just thought of something worse than any of the above, salt! It is getting to be salt season here in Chicagoland, and I live in an area where they don't always plow the roads, but they always poor tons of salt on it instead.
I'll second that!! The runner gets put away at the first snowfall that requires salt being dumped, and doesn't comeout till after the first three good rains. That stuff just eats a car up here in no time.
IF I gotta choose- I'll pick the rice mice. I think Vin Decel put it best in the F&F 1 flick talking about the Blown Charger' I won't drive it cause I'm scared of it." POOTAH major POOTAH!!!!
Of course there is something to be said for hunting down a 7 series Bowel Movement Wagon and handing him his but on a platter. That is a allot of fun!!
Old 01-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Inactive User

I think the real pain comes from cars like the Subra WRX STi runnig 0-60 in 5.1 sec and hitting the quarter in13.35 @ 102 MPH or the Mitsubishi EVO 5.0 to 60 and the quarter 13.50 @ 101 MPH Cadillac, Nissan, and Jaguar have 14 sec Sedans and they all come factory equipped with leather, good sound systems and A\C. Mother has dropped the ball on rear wheel drive and the 360 Hemi in factory trim is less than the crate engines HP ratings. I drive my 360 Duster daily but don't fool myself into thinking 30 year old technology is gonna match todays automobile. Most manufacturers produce a sedan that will blow the doors off 30 year old muscle. I have a fresh 340 Duster, 68 barracuda with 383, 360 Duster with eddy heads and Holley with 355-1 gears and a 04 PT Cruiser GT with high output turbo. So I am a Mopar guy, just dont have on rose colered glasses.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:02 AM
Inactive User

content

Subaru it self said the WRX runs 6.1 to 60mph, some speed buff mags have run sub 6 second times best being 5.5.
1/4 miles times vary from 13.9 -14.6 in the Subaru WRX, I have a RSK-B4 Twin-Turbo as does the old man, there 0-60's are 6 flat and Subaru has joted down a 1/4 mile time of 14.3
Some are quick but a well built "warm" 440 will still peel back a warm import, but if I get beaten by a Jap, so be it, it's all weight, no engine - who can't make a fast car when it's the size of a pea.
My stock 30 year old Challenger bet my Dad's "warm" Subaru by an easy 2-3 cars doing 130kph before we eased off
My Challenger will beat a fair amount of modern japs, Turbo's etc but there will also be new modern japs that will beat mine.
For a 34 year old car that's some good old Mopar performance, not to mention absolute class and Man hood!!
Old 01-21-2004, 04:49 AM
Inactive User

I'll second all of ya!

I agree with about everything on this thread. The closest races for me have been the Chevies. We don't have but one Vette in town and one WRX. One Lightning (now that was CLOSE) and that's it. The WRX guy said he was going to mod his. I beat him by about a half truck length, but not sure I could take him in a few months. I comfort myself in knowing that all my work was done with my own two hands (except the porting) and there is not another one like mine anywhere. A genuine Heinz 57 (right N/Z?) and I have less than 2,500 in the whole thing including the purchase for 1,000 bucks 6 years ago. They can spend all they want to. Mine's been paid for a long time. Let the Ford, Chevy and ricers break something. If I blow a starter, $29 at any parts store. Try that on a Subie!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NZ 440R/T
I meant as in MOPAR opposition or CARS you just can't stand

I know it has been two months since you posted on this one, but it just struck me as odd. Are there any ricers where you live, cause I can't blink without seeing them in here in socal.

Closed Thread