Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Inactive User

Default Chryslers newest

I have read on this site as well as others that the new Magnum, 300, and the Pacifica are not as popular as I thought. There is even HATRED for them!
I would like YOUR opinion.
P.S. I LOVE THE MAGNUM AND THE 300, THE PACIFICA ISNT A BRAND X SO I LOVE IT TOO.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Inactive User

I don't know where the thing about the 300 not being popular, Car and Driver just stated that they've been extremely popular with the general public, though I don't car for the styling myself. Car and Driver also stated that the Pacifica's sales have started to pick up too, other that being a little bland to look at, it seems like a decent car, or minivan, or whatever it's considered by the EPA. I haven't seen a whole lot of Magnums around yet, but I wouldn't mind putting a Hemi R/T powered one in my driveway.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Inactive User

Bland, maybe. Hemi, DEFINATELY! Some of my favorite cars are bland in the extreme. Taxicab styling is I think how they put it. I love the big, square front and the Hemi rwd. 2dr should be offered however. Camaro owners hate Runners 'cause they are big and square and STILL stomp the "pretty" bowties.
I lust for the Magnum. I see them everywhere. I live in a retirement county(Pinehurst is 2 miles away)so 300s are all over the place. They stand out in the crowd of rounded 4cylinder zippers. I think I saw the derogatory comments in the "Virtual Board Member" chat room.AT LEAST THEY ARENT BRAND X CRAPPERS THAT LOOK LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE. Long live MOPAR!
(I love this site!)
Old 10-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Inactive User

Actually the 300 is beginning to have a following of all else...rappers. These idiots are now calling the 300 the new "bling" mobile. I saw one in my mall parking lot awhile back with HUGE spinner rims and tires. Had the emblems replaced that said DUBS and of course an ugly billet grill to match. I mean, the car is not that great looking but these guys made it more hideous to look at.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Inactive User

Sounds like a 300M I've seen at the local Menards.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-440
Actually the 300 is beginning to have a following of all else...rappers. These idiots are now calling the 300 the new "bling" mobile. I saw one in my mall parking lot awhile back with HUGE spinner rims and tires. Had the emblems replaced that said DUBS and of course an ugly billet grill to match. I mean, the car is not that great looking but these guys made it more hideous to look at.
Yep they are down here in Florida. Complete with spinners. The most popular color of the 300's I have seen is the Champagne color. I dont like it myself, but I see it everywhere. I am starting to see a lot of Magnums, mostly red. A few Pacifica's thrown in but not to many.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Inactive User

Old people down here in NC seem to prefer the 300 over the Cadillac and Lincoln.I guess you can fit more $ wasting toys in the trunk.(golf clubs, pine straw bales, etc)
Rappers like it because its square and low.It looks good with tint and rims.
Id like to see one with Cragars and a Go Wing, maybe a hood scoop.(or two)
Then again I'm tacky as hell!

YO CHECK OUT MY BLING BLING! 40 subwoofers and 6000 watts!5 dvd players with screens in the rear headrests so peeps behind me can see I gots da juice!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

I bought a 300 Limited for my wife and she absolutely loves it. I've driven it twice in two months and much prefer to drive my Valiant, or even our Grand Caravan.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Inactive User

Let me guess.....,you can actually see out of those two.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Inactive User

I like all of the above, even the Pacifica, although the latter ought to have AWD as standard equipment.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Inactive User

now I like the 300 and Magnum alot. I think the Pacifica is good looking but not as cool as the Magnum. (maybe because the magnum is rwd). I think it's cool that the hemi is back.

Now I like the Magnum more then the 300 because the Magnum fits my style better. Also I think it's cool that it's sort of a station wagon but not completely one. I don't think thats a bad thing because I have nothing against station wagons.

Personaly I think it would be more fun to bow off some mustang in a four door wagon then it would be to do it in a two door coupe. (but thats just my oppinion) I just can't wait for the SRT to come out
Old 10-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Inactive User

Default The Magnum

I have a Magnum and really enjoy it, The design is solid and the power is there - An all around agressive design - good going DCX!

64 Plymouth Belvedere
94 Dodge Intrepid ES
Old 10-31-2004, 01:37 PM
Inactive User

Love the magnum but....

I wish it was more of a family car. I have four kids and a wife, The car seats only 5. I would have bought one if it had 3rd row seating or a bench seat in the front. Plus a little more than the 3500 lbs tow capacity. I want a modern day C-body wagon. Till then I'll keep the loser cruiser mini van.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Inactive User

Magnum is SOOO cool... Too heavy, though. If you can believe the numbers in the magazines, it weighs 600lb more than the Intrepid it replaces. Needs to go on a diet. Also, I don't ever want a RWD again as long as FWD is available (unless I have an old FWD around for snow).
300 looks like a Cadillac DTS or one of those Caddies. Chopped up, too short, wierd. I'd take one, tho.
Pacifica is nice.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Valiant
I have read on this site as well as others that the new Magnum, 300, and the Pacifica are not as popular as I thought. There is even HATRED for them!
I would like YOUR opinion.
P.S. I LOVE THE MAGNUM AND THE 300, THE PACIFICA ISNT A BRAND X SO I LOVE IT TOO.
My opinion is that the styling on Magnum and the 300 is aggressive, tough looking, and above all unique. The lines on both give each vehicle a certain "gravitas" and bold presence that you don't get with the bowtie belly button cars or the blue oval bubble cars.

I am 6'4" and get in and out of either without bumping my head. And, it feels like I am in something very safe. The 300 especially because of the high door/window line. I have never liked the feeling of window openings that were even with my waist. The 300 is a perfect throwback to big iron cars using about 1/2 the metal to get it done.

How long will it be before we see "Police Interceptor 300" packages prowling the streets to protect and to serve. Once the 6.1 HEMI comes out, don't be surprised to see the boys in blue back in Mopar big time.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Inactive User

We're presently looking at the Magnum and the 300C, and leaning toward the Magnum.