Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: Would You Buy The New "Charger"?
YES 52 37.96%
NO 24 17.52%
MAYBE (Reason?) 22 16.06%
NEVER!!! THAT AINT NO CHARGER! 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Inactive User

dont bring the cuda' back if they screw the challenger that will just make the cuda worse.. the cuda is my love for all mopars they mess that up i mean i own a 73 charger i kno what a charger is.. this new one aint a charger i mean sure the frnt clip looks kinda good but thats it! to me.. DC nad MOPAR need to sit down with the real mopar fans us who know what we want and design it for us not them to promote or be futuristic look at the 05 stang the ford dealer in my town is back ordered 200 cars and when they get a stock car on the lot it is gone in less than 5 hrs from delievery
Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Inactive User

i really like the new Charger, i just dont like that they called it the "Charger". it should've been made as it is, just with a different and new name. i sure wouldnt mind owning one!

when i saw the new mustangs and the new chargers coming out, i didnt like the charger and liked the mustang, now ive changed my mind. i only like the new mustang from the rear angle and i like the charger from all sides

i think Dodge needs to get these cars out on the street with the Hemis in them and get the reputation going again. i have only seen one with a hemi on the street so far, they seem to all have the 3.5.

my chevy loving neighbor went out and bought him a new one, so apparantly they are impressing people.

gimme a black one, lowered a bit with a hemi over any new mustang!

PS. the only real complaint i have is that no manual transmission is offered. how can you make a "Hemi Charger" with no manual transmission option?
Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasydonkey
i really like the new Charger, i just dont like that they called it the "Charger". it should've been made as it is, just with a different and new name. i sure wouldnt mind owning one!
I really like the car, but I have to admit, even after debating with the hardcore Charger fans here on Moparchat, I wish they had called it something else.
I plan to get one eventually, though I may wait a bit and get a low mileage trade in. One thing I may very well do once I have it is remove any Charger badges, then replace them carefully with some NOS badges, either Monaco or Polara. I haven't made up my mind yet which one I'll choose.
If anyone asks me why it doesnt say Charger, I'll just say I bought it in Canada,lol!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Inactive User

I think Fury or Cornet would look good on that car as is, but I think it needs some cosmetic work before it can be called a Charger. Just a little reworking on the nose and rear doors (leave it a 4dr, just reshape that goofy hump in the door leading to the quarterpanel), maybe clear taillight covers with the chrome around the taillights partially blacked out and the lights shapped a little more like the ones on a '68 Charger (Think Lexus IS and RX "euro style" but done up to look like a moderized version of the 68's.) I hope that rumored Testors '05 Charger comes out soon, I've got a few ideas for it
Old 04-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Inactive User

I just saw the Dragonball movie last night. Unfortunately, the bad guys at the beginning of the movie drove a Charger, all gussied up and had an SRT-8 hood, so naturally the Charger got tore up pretty badly. I'm starting to suspect that Hollywood is pro-rice, anti-Mopar.
The movie itself was ok, but the needless destruction on a Charger was stupid.
Closed Thread