Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Power Adders

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Inactive User

Default nitrous newbie questions.

traded a mexican dinner for a nitrous kit last night. came off my friends camaro after he fragged the motor with it. plans to go on my 360 mopar. (forged pistons, i beam rods, cast crank, all ARP bolts, aluminum heads, victor jr single plane, 750 edelbrock, solid roller, 9.4:1 compression, MSD ignition with mopar distributor)

first up, id like to identify just what kit is sitting on my workbench. the plate has no markings other than NOS, Fuel, and N20. its 1/2 inch aluminum, dual brass tubes running down the center.

solenoids:

Fuel: Fuel Cheater no 16050

N20: N2O pro-shot no 16040

10 lb bottle

thats about all i got with the kit, not including some braded line between the solenoids and plate, and various brackets.

i know ill need a WOT switch, plumbing, and wiring to make it work. anything else?

now, on to the major questions.

1. i only want to run a 75-100 shot. really dont want to hit the car that hard. can i tune this system for that small of a shot?

2. how can i verify the components are working and working properly before i break something?

3. the braided lines between the solenoids and the plate are exactly the same length. how important is that? id like to mount both the solenoids behind the carb under my air cleaner for cleaner looks

4. my holley blue pump and regulator combo has another outletport that is currently not being used. can i use that to feed the fuel solenoid?

5. any good articles and websites that would help me get up to speed on this before i start to install, other than mounting the plate when i get done putting the choke back in my carb?

thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Michael
Old 11-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Inactive User

I can't be of much help but it seems to me my stepson used that other reg outlet for his set-up. I think that much will be OK.