Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Power Adders

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-01-2002, 06:35 PM
Inactive User

you da man 71383!!! i agree totally! that steriod garbage is for people that cant handle a loss in a race! to me i wouldn't feel like i raced fairly if i had to use that stuff. give it to the cops, so they can catch the bad guys!!! thats the only thing it's good for.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Inactive User

wow....so, if my car only runs 10's on the motor (pumpgas) then I need to learn how to build and tune engines cause I'd like to run 9's instead?
Somebody better tell all those guys with nitrous pro-mod cars that they've been doing it wrong!
Old 05-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Inactive User

hell i'v seen em build a motor to get into the 8's on pump gas!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Inactive User

I know it can be done....but how much did it cost to build it? A lot more money than I've got. I've only got about $4800 in this motor.....but I got some real good deals by being patient. And I've got a stout bottom end.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Inactive User

well....I wasn't trying to say how good my motor is or anything like that. I was just posting a point of view other than..."If you use nitrous...your a cheater that doesn't know how to build a real motor"

Nuff said........by me anyways.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:43 PM
Inactive User

Does it really matter how you get to the finish line first? Second place is the first place loser! Nitrous or not, we are all in this to go fast. Use whatever method you want, its your money and your game.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mopar
Does it really matter how you get to the finish line first? Second place is the first place loser! Nitrous or not, we are all in this to go fast. Use whatever method you want, its your money and your game.
Right on
Old 05-02-2002, 08:52 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by al_jam

Right on

totaly agree!!!!!!

second sucks

Old 05-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

To me anybody can build a fast car if they have the money. If you are on a budget a 125 or 150 HP nitrous system is the cheapest and easiest way to knock 1 second off your ET and still have a real street car without the big cam.
Old 05-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Inactive User

My agravation mainly stems from the goofballs who run massive shots of nitrous on their stock 5.0 or Civic's and claim that they are some sort of a street warrior. I like the fact that I can build a car that can beat them on the road on the way to the track, at the track, and on the way home from the track with out the extra help. Cause he may beat me at the track, but when his juice is out and we pass on the way home, he's mine. I probably could even run nitrous and improve my track times, but that is not my goal. I can tell from your guys posts and signatures that you are not some punk kids out to try and get a prom date. You all have spent time and resources to build your cars to compete. Believe me i am not saying that you are no good if you use nitrous. To me if you have spent the time to truly build and understand the operation of your engine, then a shot in the arm is an okay thing, but if you have a near stock engine and you just want to use juice as a go fast item then your asking for it. I don't know, I hate to ramble on like this, I just think that Nitrous is for the pros who want to make a good engine run better...not for the babies who don't know how to make a good engine.
Old 05-02-2002, 10:29 PM
Inactive User

I have a good solid engine that runs hard without nitrous. I just installed it for the extra edge that it gives me and also for the sheer thrill of it. I have never felt a vehicle turn on quite as hard as when you hit that switch. It is a pure adrenaline rush and good fun too. I can still pass them on the highway home too, just like you guys, even without the juice. I agree about the bone stock runners out there that claim to have a hot street racer when they know nothing about their engine and just forked out the $500.00 or so bucks it costs for the nitrous kit. Hell anyone can do that, it took me most of the winter deciding on the right combination of parts to use to get the most out of my car for the best price. It is a science and posting on this forum has been the best medicine the doctor could have ordered. Good people with good answers. Thanks to all!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:53 PM
Inactive User

Thank you MrMopar you are expressing the exact thoughts that I was trying to portray. You took the time to build your engine and at the track the addition of nitrous has enhanced your strong running motor. I was not trying to slam top fuel cars or any one trying to get ahead. I just don't think that it is impressive if the only modifying a person has done is that 200 hp nitrous kit. Just like you said anyone can bolt on a nitrous kit, but it takes a lot more to build the whole car.
Old 05-03-2002, 12:11 AM
Inactive User

I don't care either way, if it's fast & a Mopar who's to complain ??