Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls Forum (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Worst way to lose your car?? (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75795)

NZ 440R/T 09-25-2003 12:24 PM

Worst way to lose your car??

O.K I know this is something we never ever wish to happen but what would be the worst way to lose your car?? :crying:

Luther 09-25-2003 10:19 PM

Easy one. In all four cases I would be able to recoup the full estimated/appraised value of my car with my current insurance carrier. Only the second option, i.e. the car is totalled in an accident, would allow me to make a deal with the junk dealer for the remains. In other words, I could have a real nice start on the performance parts for putting my second car together and save some $s.

quietdad 09-25-2003 11:09 PM

I think the worst way is to get Alzheimers and forget you own it........

NZ 440R/T 09-26-2003 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by quietdad
I think the worst way is to get Alzheimers and forget you own it........
Didn't think of that one!! :D The only thing with that is your friends and family will tell you that you have an awesome car and that will p!ss you off because you will know what it is but you won't know you have one!! :D :D

lgorton 09-28-2003 06:23 PM

worst way to lose your car.......

SHE gets it in the divorce and lets HIM drive it

i cant think of anything off the top of my head that would top that,at least if it was totaled,you wouldnt have to see it going down the road........ouch:crying: :crying:

zlfanatic 09-28-2003 06:28 PM

Worst way to lose a car:

That last comment is by far the worst way.

74sport 09-28-2003 08:00 PM

I think it being stollen and never found would be worst. You would always believe you'd get it back one day and the day would never come to reunite you with your Mopar. Although, all senerios would leave me deeply troubled.:crying:

rallye72 09-28-2003 09:10 PM

I think that tops the charts

Quote:

Originally posted by lgorton
worst way to lose your car.......

SHE gets it in the divorce and lets HIM drive it

i cant think of anything off the top of my head that would top that,at least if it was totaled,you wouldnt have to see it going down the road........ouch:crying: :crying:

I think if that happened to me I'd steal back and set it on fire, most likely with them in the trunk. Only because I built it and they tainted it.LOL

gg 09-28-2003 10:09 PM

im with rally 72,the only way i could live withitmy ex never did like any of my mopars,she was jelous

quietdad 09-28-2003 10:57 PM

Never happen here. She'd never be the "Ex" with the mopar, she'd be the "Former" that died in the mopar crash.......

NZ 440R/T 09-28-2003 11:36 PM

"Igorton" That would be bad but at least for the Mopar's sake we would still have a fine car left to look at. It would be painful to see "HIM" driving but you never know what could happen and you could be reunited with your Mopar once again............Could never happen if your car was destroyed :(

rallye72 09-29-2003 04:01 PM

NZ 440R/T I dont know dude

I get to attached to my stuff. I almost tossed out my wife for throwing my pink floyd tee shirt away.I couldn't handle watching some bozo with my car or wife (in that order).

NZ 440R/T 09-29-2003 04:08 PM

Yeah when you think about it that is pretty bad.......Nothing a piece of 4 by 2 won't fix :D :D

6packdart 10-01-2003 10:37 PM

:rolleyes:WHAT if HE gets my Cuda if there were a divorce and gave her to the new little peice of thrash ,now THAT would be a real CAT-FIGHT , I think I'd have to sharpen my CLAWS !:D

NZ 440R/T 10-01-2003 10:47 PM

I don't think your husband would be silly enough to give a Mopar to someone he had just met. :D But keep those nails pointed.....Just incase! :D :D

quietdad 10-02-2003 12:15 PM

Even if I lost my Roadrunner in a divorce and HE got to drive it, Just knowing he had to deal with HER would make it ok....

lgorton 10-02-2003 06:07 PM

i like the way you think.........:dude:

6packdart 10-02-2003 11:11 PM

;) Thanks :D I like the way I think too ! !

polarapete 10-03-2003 01:52 PM

Lost my Scamp

In 1977, as part of a divorce, I lost my 1971 Plymouth Scamp.

It was a 2dr hardtop, Torrid Red with Black Vinyl top and Black bench seat interior, 225/727/8.75 with disc brakes and SBP Ralley wheels, a Clifford Research tuned header with custom exhaust. The 727 had been modified at the Art Carr shop in Fountain Valley with their custom shift kit. I had also installed Addco Front & Rear Sway Bars, it would really handle in the corners. A sweet commuter ride.

We were living in Orange County, California at the time and I had to give her the car. Her "Surfer/PotHead" boyfriend ran the motor out of oil and holed the block with a rod. Even /6's cannot run forever with no oil! They sold the car to a wrecking yard before I knew what had happened or I would have tried to buy it from them. I hope the yard realized the car was too nice to scrap and swapped in a fresh motor, but, I never found out.

lgorton 10-03-2003 02:42 PM

ouch, that sucks......

6packdart 10-03-2003 09:03 PM

:eek: :( I agree that sucks the big one ! I think I know where I would 've shoved the rod and I don't think there would've been any oil on it then either :D

71RR 10-10-2003 03:28 AM

Every scenario so far leaves the possibility of return or resurection except the theft. My dad lost his 23 T-bucket, which was his pride & joy, in his last divorce and managed after a few years later to buy it back from her after her new husband tried to make it run so he could enjoy it. Thankfully gas turns to crap after a few years ;) . I couldn't live without my Roadrunner, so the theft scenario is by far the worst.

Stoga 10-15-2003 01:27 AM

I think the way I lost my grandad's 62 Valiant was pretty bad.
I lived in Florida but got a new job out of state.
I gave a "so called" friend of mine money to store it at the garage he rented. While I was gone, he pocketed the money, took his stuff and left. By the time I got back, the landlord had emptied the garage and scrapped the Valiant. Still irks me it happened. :mad:

NZ 440R/T 10-15-2003 01:35 AM

That guy you gave the money to sounds like a real arse crack!! :devil: I wouldn't worry to much Stoga........What goes around comes around, He'll get his own don't you worry. That kind of person thinks if he's done it before and it worked why not do it again? Well he'll do it again but get caught and by the wrong people :D

megajoltman 10-15-2003 06:35 PM

I had my truck stolen never found after I spent a year and 1/2 frame up resto, every time I see a truck drive by that looks close I just get :crazy:

NZ 440R/T 10-16-2003 02:17 AM

Stealing a Car is bad, but when people steal shoes or clothes thats when I laugh to myself.......If they ever steal mine I wouldn't do a thing because if they have to steal clothes and shoes for themselfs thats justice enough, poor cheap basta#ds!! :crazy:

pishta 12-13-2003 07:37 PM

Getting a storage unit and having your friend let it go into foreclosure. For not paying 70 bucks a month, he lost a '65 Barracuda 4speed car along with a 500 doller set of headers, about 6 Holley carbs and a bunch of 4V cleveland parts. Jeez, get you priorities together! Who needs food when you are going to lose your car!

nhdriver 12-13-2003 08:12 PM

Back in the '70's A friend of mine had his VW microbus (yeah some people actually collect those things) stolen, after about a month I saw it w/ some long haired maggot driving it. I followed the guy, then called my friend he came over and we "stole " it back. It wasn't all bad though while the guy had it he put on new Michelins and replaced the clutch!

dwc43 12-13-2003 08:16 PM

LOL. Wished I could get that lucky. Need a set of tires right about now myself. :D :D

71RR 12-14-2003 06:17 AM

That is one of the oddest and best things I've heard.:D