Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Circle Track Chat (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   coils -leafs (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125834)

sfr 07-06-2017 12:21 PM

coils -leafs

I have ran many rear coil cars with grate success over the years 64 GTO 66 chevell and a 80 olds metric to a track champion ship I have ran some good rear leaf cars 66 sattelite 70 nova 70 duster and a 74 scamp my question is no matter what set up I ran the leaf cars would not run the out side of the track like the coil cars but would run the inside better ? my boys finnished 2nd the other night running an old 70 chevell chasy old nascar so I have the options to put a new front clip under the scamp a dakota or a metric? or hang my body on a metric with rear coils any Ideas

JC 07-14-2017 09:57 AM

I would stay with the coil cars, set-up parts so on there is just more options, easier to repair if the rules aloud mixing of chassis.

JC 07-14-2017 10:03 AM

A lot of the GM boys pick on me because I built a Mopar on a metric and I will not switch to a 602 crate because the rules always favor the weaker 602 and it's a up hill battle, it's not my favorite thing to do as a Mopar guy but just getting parts is way easier. All the old car are about gone and have become so valuable for restorations. Just my thoughts. JC

sfr 07-14-2017 12:51 PM

Thanks JC we are stripping an old metric know and will hang our scamp sheet metal on it I here a pickup oil pan and headers will fit my 360 into the metric chasy how did you do it and I see some metric guys laying there upper a-arms down level what is your take on that ?

JC 07-17-2017 10:04 PM

Haven't been on in a day or so, man that is a loaded question I'm my worst enemy when it gets to race cars. I build my own headers and I have my own spindle setup 86 Dodge truck with a cup steering arms 4.5" drop 10-1/4" tall I run my uppers roughly between 18/22 deg angle. I hate to say this on here but you can go to our group page on FB it's open to public view and see a lot of pictures. Search Mopar Mafia Racing. Cover is k&k car.

sfr 07-18-2017 12:19 PM

Thanks JC spindles were my next Question I have alot to learn about set up in these cars I will check it out my boys are running a 800 lf and 900 rf spring I have just started studying reverse set up in the metrics it worked in the A-bodys torsion Bars ?

dirttrackracer 07-19-2017 11:49 AM

The cheap Kevco oil pan for a modified will fit that metric real well. the truck pan will hang awfully low.

sfr 07-19-2017 12:05 PM

thanks I am running a kevco on the A-body there nice to work with and will make mods to there pans reasonably cheap

JC 07-21-2017 05:39 PM

I have tried many times to upload a pic and the board just will not let me.

Krooser 07-24-2017 11:56 PM

I'd use a '73 to '77 Chevelle if I was to switch... better geometry front and rear. Or an early Monte Carlo or big Impala...

sfr 07-25-2017 09:44 AM

Thanks krooser the best handling car I ever drove was a 76 and it was tuff on a ruff track no real junk yards up here just got to hit the brush and see what our options are
Jc I tried to post a pic also even my IT guy at work could not get it done I will be home in a couple of days and check with my son he has been successful in the past