Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance Talk (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thermoquad Strip Kits (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120269)

BelvedereII 08-31-2010 10:16 PM

Thermoquad Strip Kits

I've got a TQ strip kit for sale on ebay, was sent a message saying they come up several times a year and go for $125. I used to check constantly for TQ parts and don't recall ever seeing another kit for sale, although I stopped checking regularly over the last 8 months. Anybody else found TQ strip kits for sale and know their worth?

B II

owatajrkiam 09-01-2010 08:30 PM

I have been watching your E-bay ad since it came out. As i build approx.5-10 TQ's per year,i know their worth and although i don't need the kit as i have collected a pile of different jets and rods,i can tell you that you should have started the reserve at $100 as someone might walk away with a sweet deal here.I have seen one kit go for $140 last year but i'm positive it was the 10-203 kit which has more jets and rods and was the largest kit avail. Demonsizzler sells the sec. jets for $24 per pair,pri. jets @ $14 pair,the 1966metering rods @ $22 pair and the needle seats @ $21 and he sells them for bargain prices, so when you put it in perspective,these kits are one great deal. Certain jets can only be found in the strip kits although you can drill some smaller ones out. I scored a genuine Carter zip-kit for a 72'-74' carb the other day for $9.50 and $5.50 shipping to Canada.That was the deal of the year for me. You never know when a rare item such as yours comes up,so good luck!

BelvedereII 09-05-2010 10:39 AM

Owata, I must have missed that auction but have had "thermoquad" on a watch list for ebay for more than a year and never saw a kit offered up. Guess they don't catch them all.

JVMopar 09-05-2010 10:47 AM

I've seen several kits on ebay. One in the past month. So they are still out there. I'd like to snatch up a few too. Instead I've been buying every cheap thermoquad I can come across. For now.

owatajrkiam 09-06-2010 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sometimes you have to do a search on e-bay,such as Carter zip-kit,Carter 4 bbl., Carter carb,Carter jets,etc. as some people do not put them under thermoquad when they sell.This is where i score lots of TQ's,but i do get the odd good buy locally. I just got this nice one a few weeks ago and built it,a 72 340 A/T F #6139 for $40 which was in great shape,installed a kit and drilled the shooters to .031",soda blasted it and shes ready to rock and roll. Picked up a #6090, 72' 400 A/T F for $25 yesterday,locally,Kijjiji.

BelvedereII 09-06-2010 12:38 PM

JV, mine was on ebay last month--could have been the one you saw. Owa, I found a strip kit by using Carter and Strip. I should have been casting a wider net, thanks!

owatajrkiam 09-09-2010 09:48 PM

Well.....the strip kit went for $150 and 13 bids. That's got to tell ya' something! Went for $20 more than my ficticious bid.

Glen

chirorod 09-11-2010 07:07 AM

Thermoquad kits

Since I'm not building tq's for the strip or track, I don't need strip kits. I do like to play with the ones I have and am finding that the well seals have to be replaced every time the tq goes back together. Am I right about this? And, is there a good source for well seals? Is anyone seeing any bad effect from the 10 % ethanol fuel?

JVMopar 09-11-2010 09:05 AM

I've had my TQ together for a month and only use E10 and I'm wanting to switch to E85. I haven't noticed any problems and the 850 CFM runs perfect on the 318.

BelvedereII 09-12-2010 10:02 PM

I've got two running TQ's and a handful of jets/needles along with a couple of individual jet kits still in their packaging, someday they'll run again!