Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rear Wheel Drive - Parts for Sale (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Running Chrysler/Dodge Flat Head 6 from the 1950's (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119061)

cole_murphy 04-08-2010 10:45 PM

Running Chrysler/Dodge Flat Head 6 from the 1950's

1 Attachment(s)
i have a chrysler flat 6 from the 1950's for sale. it is an industrial engine, it came from a Yale G51P forklift that i parted out due to a hydraulic pump failure. the motor runs great, i used and ran it until the hydraulic pump failed. i believe it is a type 30 engine. it has part number 1484929-22 stamped on the block. i think this makes it the bigger of the two flats that chrysler made, the 250-264 style, but i could be wrong. it was run on LPG (propane) on the forklift, which probably explains why it still is running, considering its age. i have talked to a few people, and understand that this motor is particularly desirable for installation in the dodge pickups from the late 1940's to the mid 1950's, as the motor mounts can all be adapted and the bellhousing is the standard design. i actually had the motor running today (4/8/10), so i know it runs fine. i can help arrange freight if someone is interested, as i have banding tools and know how to band things to skids. i would be willing to take $400 for this motor.

Ray Bell 04-09-2010 07:05 AM

Length of the engine confirms whether or not it's the big block...

Basically, if the head is under 2' long is small block (actually 23½" or so) it will be a small block (218 or 230 most likely) and over 2' long makes it a long block with various capacity possibilities.

TerryBlack 05-13-2010 09:31 PM

Chrysler Industrial Engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by cole_murphy (Post 798572)
i have a chrysler flat 6 from the 1950's for sale. it is an industrial engine, it came from a Yale G51P forklift that i parted out due to a hydraulic pump failure. the motor runs great, i used and ran it until the hydraulic pump failed. i believe it is a type 30 engine. it has part number 1484929-22 stamped on the block. i think this makes it the bigger of the two flats that chrysler made, the 250-264 style, but i could be wrong. it was run on LPG (propane) on the forklift, which probably explains why it still is running, considering its age. i have talked to a few people, and understand that this motor is particularly desirable for installation in the dodge pickups from the late 1940's to the mid 1950's, as the motor mounts can all be adapted and the bellhousing is the standard design. i actually had the motor running today (4/8/10), so i know it runs fine. i can help arrange freight if someone is interested, as i have banding tools and know how to band things to skids. i would be willing to take $400 for this motor.

Do you still have this Engine? I have the G51P forklift to go with it. My engine is still good though. What I do need is the Radiator that was with it. Do you by any chance still have it and if so, is it still good? And is the starter still good on it? I am VERY interested. Please get back to me. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your time.

TerryBlack 05-13-2010 09:35 PM

Chrysler Industrial Engine

I don't know if I responded the correct way the first time, as this is all new to me, so I will try again.

Do you still have the engine? I have the G51P forklift to go with it! My engine is still running though, but what I REALLY need is the radiator that came with it. Do you still have it, and if so, is it any good? Is the starter any good? I am very interested, and I look forward to hearing from you. If you still have all the parts, please give me a price for all. Thanks.

Dick 05-13-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cole_murphy (Post 798572)

Stoga bait.:evil:

TerryBlack 05-15-2010 12:15 AM

I'm new at this..but could you tell me what "Stoga Bait" means?

Dick 05-15-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryBlack (Post 800420)
I'm new at this..but could you tell me what "Stoga Bait" means?

Stoga is one of our moderators and he loves old Mopars. I am sure he will jump in on this one.

shafco21 10-01-2012 02:19 PM

flathead six

Cole Murphy ... if you still have the flathead six for sale I'm very interested. contact me here