Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories..... (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ford Vs dodge (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112417)

ladysmanrob 09-15-2008 10:25 PM

Ford Vs dodge

I raced a 360 ford with my 318 dodge truck. Both about were the same. Before we raced I was messing with airplane fuel with lawn mowers to get the right mixture. I won and all have to say is air plane fuel in lawn mowers is really kewl till the point where the carb blows up. Be very careful. If your going to try it les air plane fuel then you think.

Dr. Righteous 09-16-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladysmanrob (Post 749183)
I raced a 360 ford with my 318 dodge truck. Both about were the same. Before we raced I was messing with airplane fuel with lawn mowers to get the right mixture. I won and all have to say is air plane fuel in lawn mowers is really kewl till the point where the carb blows up. Be very careful. If your going to try it les air plane fuel then you think.

????????????????????

Frankie 09-17-2008 05:54 AM

What type of "air plane fuel"? Real Av-gas, white gas, like you'd use in a model airplane, can you be more specific as to type and mixture? Not that I plan to try it, I'm just curious.

ladysmanrob 09-17-2008 06:22 PM

I believe the octanae was 95 percent

I didn't purchase it my friends dad has air plane and he just gave us the gas. He said be care full can explode the engine in your carb so we tried small lawn mowers. The mixture is for one gallong of regualr gas you mix i pop can of air plane fuel. Don't go more than that. Sorry don't have real specifics, all i know is that it is same stuff that peopl euse in their crop dusters and he said octane was 95%. If you do try it make sure you try it on smaller engine. These are effect we found when tried blow carb, pistons, very rapid movement. One time we thought the lawn mower was going to rasie off the ground it was spiining so fast then it blew up. When I tried it in the truck it felt like nasacar for the 1 minute raise we had. I then checked all gears rods pistons and other componets to make suer they didn't break. I have to say I wouldn't do it again. Little scary when you know it could blow up. Hope this helps.

Dr. Righteous 09-17-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladysmanrob (Post 749312)
I didn't purchase it my friends dad has air plane and he just gave us the gas. He said be care full can explode the engine in your carb so we tried small lawn mowers. The mixture is for one gallong of regualr gas you mix i pop can of air plane fuel. Don't go more than that. Sorry don't have real specifics, all i know is that it is same stuff that peopl euse in their crop dusters and he said octane was 95%. If you do try it make sure you try it on smaller engine. These are effect we found when tried blow carb, pistons, very rapid movement. One time we thought the lawn mower was going to rasie off the ground it was spiining so fast then it blew up. When I tried it in the truck it felt like nasacar for the 1 minute raise we had. I then checked all gears rods pistons and other componets to make suer they didn't break. I have to say I wouldn't do it again. Little scary when you know it could blow up. Hope this helps.

This thread is making less sense the more you say. Better quit while you are ahead.

426 Hemi 09-19-2008 02:22 AM

AV gas has properties you dont want in a car motor...best not to use it..but the fascination with it continues because it is potent!lol

dawsrt8 09-19-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladysmanrob (Post 749312)

If i were you I'd put fire rescue, hospital e.r. and undertaker on speed dial

ladysmanrob 09-19-2008 09:39 PM

Wont do it again

Wont have to worry I am not going to do it again. I was just to make few dollars and make ford lose. I won but lost and will say again wont do it over again.

c318cuin 09-19-2008 10:09 PM

Ummm

sounds like nitro