Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Forum (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Chrysler 300 cruise control (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114068)

mopar29mod 01-18-2009 02:33 PM

Chrysler 300 cruise control

Hey I didn't see a place for modern mopar stuff so I'll leave my question here, this is usally where I go first anyway. My wife's 05 300 3.5 has had a couple of weird things come up. First off is the oil filter that almost fell off about 1000 miles after a dealer oil change, then she got a check engine light with ruff running(they rotated the valves, replaced the locks and then found the power steering rack leaking so it had to be changed) about 2 weeks later the same check engine light and ruff running(they changed a couple of rocker arms and rocker shafts) Now the cruise control will come on with no problem when the car is sitting but doesn't like to come on when moving---the faster I go the less it will turn on. At about 60 mph it is about one in 5 that it will come on and set, at about 70 it is about one in 50 ....if it does set then it shuts off within a min or two. if you hit the brake it shuts off. During the rocker arm repairs I think they would have to taken off the plastic intake assembly and disconnect the throttle motor (what elese?) could this be speed sensor related or a relay(where? how to check?) I am handicapped if the cruise dosen't work I can't drive more than a couple of minutes without it!!! Any help would be great... I tried to talk her into an 09 Challenger R/T but she wants to keep the 300 so I got to get it fixed!!!

Dick 01-18-2009 02:52 PM

Well, since she probably doesn't race it at circle tracks, I will put it in a better place.

mopar29mod 01-18-2009 02:57 PM

Thanks, I tried to post in the Tech area but I didn't have access! I'm not good with the computer stuff.

Dick 01-18-2009 03:00 PM

The Tech area is reserved for entries by Moderators.

Off Topic has a very large audience and it is a good place to get exposure. The more readers, the better the chance of a solution.

When down to the nitty gritty, the specialty forums come in handy.

I am sure you will get help here soon.

dwc43 01-18-2009 03:54 PM

I bet they pinched a wire when they put the intake back on it or the valve covers. Two things that make them run rough is a leaking intake gasket. Common problem even on the 3.5 Intrepid s like I have. And an spark plug tube seal leak. One more thing is a bad egr and transducer. Should give codes for lean cylinders for all three of those. :)

mopar29mod 01-18-2009 04:05 PM

The miss problem seems to be gone just need to fix the cruise control issue

dwc43 01-18-2009 04:21 PM

If it worked right before hand, I'd still do a visual and see if they trapped a wire somewhere around a valve cover or the intake. You could also look at a bad switch, speed sensor, or brake light switch too. Seems like it would be something the shop did if it started right after the work was done though. :wave:

mopar29mod 01-20-2009 09:02 PM

I couldn't find any visable things wrong so I took it to the service dept they did an ECM flash to correct it no charge.