Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Slant Six Chat (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   6 carb setup and 5 speed stick (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123437)

SlantSixAddict 03-01-2012 09:14 PM

6 carb setup and 5 speed stick

Well, I know the slant. Ha. I had a 65 belvedere when I was 16. Ha. I just want more!!! Haha. I want to make a custom manifold for(6) 1bbl carbs. Anyone know of anything that'd have the proper cfm? Also want to use a 5 speed trans (probably the jeep cherokee trans) I'm a crazy guy, so extra work is not a problem. :) or maybe a better trans option is available? Any input would be great.
P.s. I prefer cable clutch and manual choke.

chirorod 03-21-2012 07:41 PM

If you really want to get into a lot of work, study the cam-am cars of the 70's or the formula 1 cars, all before fuel injection. The Ferrari v12's ran six 2 throat carbs. It looked like six manifolds.

dschumers 04-03-2012 09:33 PM

There are a couple threads on www.slantsix.org about 5 speed swaps. As far as 6 carbs go, there are a couple guys there who run 6 motorcycle carbs and make them work well.

You can also do the 3 2bbl Weber carbs.

WalterEG 04-04-2012 12:06 PM

Оператор Виде

obespecheniya ru/tag/Xonsyu]Хонсю на сайте об интернет технологиях obespecheniya ru/] obespecheniya ru

daz 11-10-2012 04:40 AM

Look into dcoe webers, one of the most tunable and responsive carbs on the plannet, and every change is mechanical, no playing with spring pressures etc..

They still sell new

Dart 360 11-11-2012 06:25 AM

Webers are the go but also 3 x 1 3/4" SU's certainly wake up the slant six, the 6 Amails are very hard to set up and tune.

joe six 03-19-2013 04:37 PM

I used to have a Dodge Aspen with the Super Six package on it and it worked very well, I still miss it dearly. Thus, my personal recommendation would be for you to get a 2 barrel Carter carb. and the exhaust manifold that they put on the Super Six, which was said to be bigger in diameter than the stock one. The jeep manual tranny sounds like a very good option. My brother has a manual 99 cherokee and believe me, that engine-trans combo is made in heaven. And the slant six develops the same amount of torque than the jeep 4.0, 'bout 210-215 lbs.

Rich Kinsley 03-21-2013 12:32 AM

Don Dulmage in Canada has a /6 senior dragster he built which used 6 carbs. I don't recall what they were but he got it working pretty darn good. He raced a buddy with a fairly large ci Chevy V-8 and beat him like 4 out of 5 times. You probably can find something about this by searching "Senior Dragster" and perhaps Don Dulmage. He wrote an engine building book on the 440 called "Old Reliable".

Glenn E. Cozad 03-24-2013 01:42 PM

Rich Kinsley, I do recall this setup. Not sure about the manifold, but do recall that the carbs were Strombergs. I remember this because of his reference to carbs used on early upgrades to VW engines before the Weber revolution. Not sure if that is right. Thanx, Glenn.

Ray Bell 04-08-2013 05:27 PM

For my money, the triple SUs are the go...

You can get them off Jaguars and the like. Or Stromberg CDs, which are like SUs but have diaphragms instead of the piston operation.

Typically, these are very economical as well as producing good power. Lynx used to make the manifolds, I think I have one here.

pishta 03-30-2021 12:18 AM

There was an Argentinian slant that had Briggs and Stratton carbs on it, yup...6 of them! IIRC the B&S carbs were locally sourced for some law requirement. The super 6 had the same exhaust manifold, the head pipe was increased to 2.25, a great upgrade to any slant motor.