Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance Talk (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   flowmaster ???? (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50213)

tim 04-07-2002 03:13 PM

flowmaster ????

Hi everyone, I am installing a set of race readies for open hedders on my 73 barracuda 340 auto. I am probraly gonna run 2.5 inch exhaust all the way out. i am wondering which flowmaster mufflers would be a good choice for this car? I want the good old deep rumble from this car so anyone using a set please let me know, thanks Tim

360 Coronet 04-07-2002 07:24 PM

Flows...

go to their website, you can listen to all thier different mufflers on different types of cars.

a search for flowmaster mufflers on www.google.com should get you there.

hammr22 04-10-2002 03:23 AM

Just to let you know what I'm running. I have a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 with a high performance 340 bored 30 over. I Have Hooker Competition headers running dual 2.5 pipes to Flowmaster Deltaflow 50's. I picked these because i wanted that deep loud sound but at idle it still deep.

Everyone loves the sound my car makes, I have people tell me that they can hear me coming from a couple miles away even at half throttle. And at idle it woke up my neighbor and grandson (it was only 9:30). At car shows starting it up I've got people come over from rows away just to see my engine. The part i love is when i tell them that it is only a small block. Hope that helps ya decide. It is only a 3 chamber so you just need to decide how loud you want it, my next engine is going to be a 440, I'm planning on hooking up Flowmaster 40's on it.

Mike 70RT/SE 04-10-2002 03:12 PM

I have flowmaster 40 series delta flows in a charger. 440. 9.4 comp. Hooker headers. 2.5'' pipes. 230/238 @ 50 cam. They are obnoxious. Increase the size of any of the other factors, cam, compression, tailpipe, I think they would be unbearable. Some people dig the sound, and I do think they sound cool, but living with them is another matter. Heard a lot of good reviews about Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers and mufflers from www.racemufflers.com or www.racemuffler.com (can't remember). Don't believe that the "delta flow" stops resonance or in any way quiets a one chamber muffler. It sounds, resonates, and behaves like a glasspack. Even has that rattle/buzz when you rev up the engine quickly and then let off.

LA360Dart 04-11-2002 04:52 AM

Hi All;

I have a 73 DartSport 340, the exhaust was loud and tinny in sound. I called flowmaster and asked them. The lady I spoke with recomended deltaflow 50 series. I got them installed and I'm very happy not to loud and a deeper tone. The muffler isn't to big and fits in the stock area without hanging down, give them a call.

Denny

tim 04-15-2002 07:36 AM

well i did it

Thanks for the replys guys, I went and ordered a set of flowmaster 50,s, should be in tonite and am installing them this weekend. I think my little test and tunes with open headders in the driveway is driving the neighbours a bit so I,m sure whatever I put on they will be happy.lol. Thanks again I will let you know how they sound on sunday Tim

mr.b 04-15-2002 12:39 PM

just recently installed the flowmaster delta 50 series [big block] mufflers on my 440. they are wonderful. not loud at all. soft rumble at idle and sound right when you put your foot into it. i have 3" exhaust and most people make the mistake and install the regular 3" 50 series flow's instead of the big block series 50's. they cost about $40-50 more per muffler but are worth it i think, they flow better and sound better. my 3 cents.

plumebody 04-15-2002 10:02 PM

dynomax

I had flowmasters on my challenger 2.5" Went with dynomax and i'm much happier. No tin sound

tim 04-23-2002 08:53 AM

there on

Hi guys, well I went with flowmaster 40 series with my 340 cuda with dynomax hedders. Ran 2.5 all the way out to the tips, oh and put on a set of race reddies to boot. Am still not sure of the sound as it is not as deep sounding as before, but it definetly has a little more oooumph. The old exhast was laughable, 2 inch, 2 1/4, bent and twisted beyond belief,lol. Am very very happy with the job and know it only takes a few seconds to have instant open hedders, much more fun at the track Tim