Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Front Wheel Drive Chat (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What to do with my '85 charger shelby??? (http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62756)

livenfine 11-29-2002 05:26 AM

What to do with my '85 charger shelby???

New to this forum and to the fwd market. Started a project, an '85 Charger Shelby Turbo, garnett red and silver. Head and block work is done, but I'm dropping the project. Bad turbo.

Whattya guys think. I hate parting out a rare car. Is this car that rare? Are there any buyers out there? Only looking to make make back some of my investment... Thanks in advance.

Mopar_nutz 11-29-2002 06:22 AM

Well for one, the car really isn't too rare. They can be hard to find, and you don't always see alot of them around tho. The turbos for them aren't that expensive anyways, the old TI engines are very common. New, it might cost you a bit but it is possible to find good used ones. Especially from people who upgrade on them to intercool. They usually use a different turbo and might get rid of the old one for a reasonable price. Just curious, what kinda price would you ask for the car? How much have you done to it? What kinda shape is it in?

tmef 11-29-2002 01:35 PM

Mopar_nutz is right. I have two complete turbo's for your car down in Phoenix. In fact, my brother and I were just contemplating what to do with them yesterday when I was down there. Get you one real cheap. Other than that, if you are hard pressed to sell the car, I wouldn't mind having it.

livenfine 12-01-2002 04:24 AM

It's a NW car, (I'm from WA state), and very little or no rust. Engine is disassembled, rebuildable. Front dam is intact, gold rims, stock shelby buckets are nice, stock sunroof and the hatchback louvers are still there. But the car is definitely a project.

I'm interested in selling not restoring, just wondering about parting out a potentially desirable car.

What's reasonable for the whole car? $600, $700? Parting it out would likely bring more$. again thanks... :confused:

Mopar_nutz 12-01-2002 10:11 PM

So what exactly has been done with the block and head? What type of work have you done?

livenfine 12-02-2002 09:06 PM

Block was bored .060 over. Rest of head and block work is pretty standard. At least one new valve and head and block were resurfaced.

Tim Keith 12-15-2002 09:54 AM

There is an '86 Shelby Charger turbo at the local pick-n-pull. It's in pretty good shape, the interior is very clean. It is silver with blue stripes. The stripes need to be redone, otherwise I think it looks pretty good. I am told that the car runs but has an electrical problem. The odometer says 120,000 miles. Asking price is $1,000 but hinted that they would take $700.