Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 AM

Biggrin Heater Control Cable

The heater control cable on my wife's 2006 PT Cruiser is stuck. She leaves it on defrost all the time and I think the lack of use is the problem.

I had it in for service the other day and asked the dealer to check it out. It was near closing, so they didn't have the time to check the entire length of cable. They did find that the end toward the control had a kink in it and whenever the control was moved off defrost, the cable would buckle and spring back. The dealer said it may be that the blend door is stuck and that's why the cable kinked.

The repair cost is quoted at $81 including cable. I found the cable price to be about $12. My question is, how is the center panel removed from the dash without breaking it and how accessible is the other end of the cable where it attaches to the door?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Inactive User

That center peice comes off real easy....Pop the window switch out and there is 1 screw in it, next pull the knobs off of the heater controls, grab the center peice and pull. As far as getting to the case end Its been awhile since Ive done one but I dont remember them being all that bad to deal with.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:16 AM

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSTripleMstr View Post
That center peice comes off real easy....Pop the window switch out and there is 1 screw in it, next pull the knobs off of the heater controls, grab the center peice and pull. As far as getting to the case end Its been awhile since Ive done one but I dont remember them being all that bad to deal with.

Apparently they have changed it. There is a screw in each A/C outlet that is accessed by rotating the outlet to a certain position. Once the screws are removed, the panel can be pulled off with the knobs intact.