Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:54 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

Default solid feedback on 05 PT's

Anybody have any solid feed back on the 05 turbo PT's? The price is right, can they walk the walk?
73 Swinger
76 Ram 3/4 Ton
77 Ram Shortbed 1/2 Ton
74 Duster w/318
92 Sundance
89 LeBarron Convertable Turbo
Old 02-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Inactive User

I can't speak for the Turbo, but we are new Cruiser owners. We bought the very basic, but requested a 5 speed. We are getting 36 mpg hwy and 26 city. We are very pleased.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin I have an electric blue GT

I dont know how accurate my experences are but I have out ran several Mustangs (no GTs or Cobras come on get real). Everytime though it has been a get the drop on them thing... So it may not be fair and I am sure that if any were mildly modded they would have gotten me. However for what it is worth a few have had 5.0 badges (80's models). I have also had my fair share of fart cannon equipped rice blown off the road by the PT ;-). From a Standing start it is either rev it up and burn the tires, punch it and have it wheelhop like crazy, or ease into it and then mash at 20. Flooring the gas anywhere below 20 and the tires usually lose the fight and I am either back out of the gas or endure the wheel hop and a little torque steer. I it has spooked me a few times when I took off and was watching the road more than my speed. It gets to the north side of 100 quickly. Now it is not a SRT4 but the approx 14:1 power:weight is nice. Also remember that there are many cars out there with better than 14:1 power:weight ratios so you might lose if you dont pay attention to the car you are up against. The turning radius needs help I almost hate the 17 inch wheels on mine for that reason. I has firm steering and is a blast to drive. The brakes are good too! Lots o room! Let me know if there is any thing else you wanna know. I will try and remember some of the cars that I know were put to shame by me. The first was a green ford probe that thought he would fly around me and try and squeeze in front. Once he was at my door I let him know that he was either going to have to stay behind the car in front to the left of me or play follow the leader. When he finally did get around me (much further down the road and only after I got into a turning lane) I got a thumbs up and I waved back. Hope some of this helps. TEST one you migth fall in love like I have! Now I dont condone street racing period but since the PT I have to admit it has been hard to practice what I would like to preach! OH and btw forget MPG you probably wont be off the throttle enough!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Inactive User

Default Hey

NE news bout you and a PT yet?