Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-11-2023, 01:05 AM

Default Options for more fuel delivery to magnum engines with improved air flow

So, if you make a SIGNIFICANT ! increase in naturally aspirated airflow to your V-10 magnum with head porting, increased valve lift, slight duration increase, changing the intake tract with a homemade manifold, and increasing air filtration area ....... what are the options for a smooth increase in fuel delivery over the entire powerband?

- I once had a Paxton windmill on my new V-10 RAM where the company supplied an auxiliary inline pump and valves which essentially gradually increased fuel rail pressure from 50 ish all the way up to 110 psi if I'm remembering correctly.....still wasn't rich enough so I connected two addition small injectors into the into the blower discharge tube running up to the throttle body. Those injectors were energized by a Haltech black box which would deliver fuel from full vacuum to full boost if that's what you wanted. This worked fairly well except many times during startup/shutdown the Haltech evidently actuated the additional injectors full-blast momentarily, flooding the whole 488 cubic inches. So, maybe I can find a black box that operates only from full vacuum to no vacuum or boost .

-Don't know much bout fuel injection operation and design; but is it possible that just changing all the stock injectors to the next larger size would provide close to the right air/fuel ratio over the entire rpm range?

-Is there any learning by the PCM in response to info. coming from the mass airflow sensor in the intake manifold ?

-Have tuners ever modfied the stock injector orifice size to elicit more fuel delivery with the same pulse width and frequency ?

Tags
delivery , fuel , increase , injectors , vacuum