Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-10-2000, 07:44 AM
Banned

Smile

Hey everyone, Im new to this Ram chat. I just registered tonite. I have a 96 dodge ram CC SLT Laramie 1500 w/ 5.9Litre. I have done a few mods like a cowl induction hood and a trick SS/T paintjob (Moss Green with 14" Light Driftwood stripes 6" apart) I recently tore down the upper half of the engine and replaced the lifters, the two on #8 cyl were collapsed and it ticked like a bomb! I had the injectors flow tested, backflushed and ultrasounded, new cap and rotor, new plugs and wires, new belt, new hoses, oil sending unit, etc. Im still having troubles though. the truck gets consistently 8.5-10.5 mpg. It has no power climbing up a hill. It seems like when you give it fuel feed itll downshift, RPM's will go to 3000, and once it hits a little over 3g's it starts to cut out and lose power. I have a trouble code #43 (Peak primary circuit current not achieved with the maximum dwell time), but im not sure what that means. I know the timing is controlled by the comp. solely, so could the problem be the comp itself causing an out of time problem?? Id REALLY appreciate any insight on this. Yall can rest assured that I will be back with many many more questions!!
Old 03-10-2000, 03:00 PM
Inactive User

Welcome to MOPAR CHAT - hopefully someone here can help with your problem. I'll try to reseach it and I'll tell you what I find out.

Tell your other MOPAR friends and come back often !!

------------------
"Good Luck on your project."
Old 03-11-2000, 01:39 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Thats an indication of a bad coil. We've seen alot of bad coils lately.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, read the instructions
Old 03-11-2000, 05:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kpzbee:
Thats an indication of a bad coil. We've seen alot of bad coils lately.

Thanks kpzbee, I didnt replace the coil yet because I did an ohm test on the primary and secondary windings and it tested within specs. Do you think its possible that it could be breaking down under a load anyways? I will replace it mon or tue of the coming week to see, its only a 30 dollar part and it couldnt hurt replacing it anyways since the rest of the ign sys is new.
Old 03-11-2000, 05:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RAM MAN:
Welcome to MOPAR CHAT - hopefully someone here can help with your problem. I'll try to reseach it and I'll tell you what I find out.

Tell your other MOPAR friends and come back often !!

Hi RamMan, Thanks for checkin into that for me. Its nice to finally find a place where I can get some answers to the problems Ive been facing. I have a buddy with a 99 Ram 3500 QC 5sp 24vlv cummings that I told about this site and I think hes gonna register. Im sure he will be as pleased as I am with how helpful everyone is. Thanks again!!
Old 03-12-2000, 04:36 AM
Inactive User

Wink

Thats what its all about !!!