Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-13-2001, 10:13 PM
Banned

Question

Im tired of hear Ford boys brag about the "Lightning" claiming no other can beat it. Well Chevy stepped up and the Chevy boys are saying the new Silverado SuperStock will woop the lightnings ass. This is all going on while im in the background yelling, "Wait till Dodges new Hemi's come out!!" I think Dodge should bring the SS/T back with the new biggest Hemi, supercharged or performanced upgraged. Who else agrees with me? What does Dodge have to offer?

------------------
AOL Instant Messenger: brandon62483
'97 Ram ext.cab, 318, K Filter, Gutted Cat., Flowmaster 3" exhaust system w/custom 5" round tips, Gibson Nickle-Chrome Plated Headers, R/T engine package, 180 degree thermostat, FIXED PLENUM GASKET!!, brushed aluminum billet grill and bumper inserts, Clear TailLights, HID Headlight and Foglight system, 2 6.5 3-way Infinity's, 2 6x9 3-way Infinity's, 2 6x9 3-way Pioneer, 2 6x9 3-way Boston Acoustics Ralley's, 2 1" Kenwood tweets, 1-Farad Lightning Adudio Capacitor, 3-3"Lightning Audio Cooling Fans, 2 10" MA Audio DXI subs in sealed box under back seat, Sony amps and crossovers,Sony unit, All Rockford Fosgate wires, & Rockford Fosgate 24kt Gold Battery Terminals.

DID I MENTION, NO PING!!!!

Future Mods: KenneBell/ASP Underdrive pullies, Ram-Air Hood, 17or18" Rims, New Front Bumper, Dual 12" electric fans, all hopefully by the end of this summer!!

http://www.geocities.com/Roxtar420
Old 02-14-2001, 12:29 AM
Inactive User

We already have them beat. The regular 5.4l, without the supercharger can't get out of its own way. All SVT did was put a blower, some bigger injectors, and dropped it a few inches. To me this is stuff that any moron could do. I think Dodge knows that people like to modify their trucks, so they give them ballsy engines that can be modified to the owners liking. A Dodge truck with a supercharger and big injectors would roll right over the lightning.
Old 02-14-2001, 01:34 AM
Inactive User

Cool

I heard that dodge might bring out a R/T RAM with the new 6.1 HEMI, tuned exhaust, two tone leather seats, 20inch rims, performance rubber. Also mabey a Mopar performance chip and/or supercharger!

If they do make it, it will be awawsome!!!
Old 02-14-2001, 03:08 AM

LOW-RIDER: I'd buy one.

------------------
I don't have a Ram yet, I'm waiting on the new models with the Hemis. Plan on picking one up brand new, midnight blue with an agate or dark gray/black leather interior.
Old 02-14-2001, 03:08 AM
Inactive User

Low-Rider.... if they do make that, I am so trading in my 98ss/t for one.
Old 02-17-2001, 11:01 PM

I don't know about everybody else but these other trucks mite be faster than my dodge but i can still roll rite over top of them!!!!! I did not buy my dodge because it was the fastest and the best. I bought it because it had everything i was looking for in a full size truck. I think when i get my dodge done it will be the biggest one in the state college area and that is good enough for me. I have no reason to smoke a new ford or Chevy when I am going to have 38's(next summer) on my dodge!!!
Old 02-18-2001, 12:15 AM

I will find out soon if my friend with a 6.0 Chevy ever gets his "loose" enough to race me. He has a 6.0 Crew cab that he wants to try against my 5.9 Quad Ram. I don't know if I can take him or not but it will be fun trying. I'll post our results when ever he decides he is ready.
Old 02-19-2001, 12:33 AM
Inactive User

Silverado SuperStock?!?