Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-16-2001, 12:18 AM
Banned

i have infinity speaker package in my truck, but im using an aftermarket pioneer cd player. the speakers have their own amp on them, and the cd player also has its own built in amp. .....i think i remember hearing from like circuit city or something that i had to disconnect something so my cd player amps arent working or something or other.. im not sure.. but i think... i remember him saying if i dont that the speakers will fry or something... lol.. anyhooooo ive been using the cd player and speakers for quite awhile now and nothing has happened... soo.... whats the deal... errr yeah!
Old 04-16-2001, 12:22 AM
Banned

They meant that the head units power output, plus the speakers "amp" output will probably be more than the speaker can handle. Those speakers can probably handle 120watts. The factory speaker "amps" probably put out a mean 80watts and your head unit not more than 45watts to each speaker. You should be alright, unless you have the headunits volume maxed constantly for a long period of time. Then frying of the speakers voice coil will occur. But you shouldnt have any problems.
Old 04-17-2001, 08:07 PM
Inactive User

Default new head unit

I installed a pioneer premier dehp-520 along with other things using the speaker wires wires from the head unit to the factory speaker wires and it has worked fine for a few months now, with the infinity system .Nothing has fried yet