Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-25-2001, 09:16 AM
Inactive User

Default stuck wheel bearing

Well, what timing. Gald I just found this forum cause I got a problem. Maybe someone here can help me out.

Driving home last night, I heard the what sounded like a bad wheel bearing. The last couple miles it started to vibrate. Pulled the wheel and dust cap and sure enough, one of the needle bearings has been ground up. Got a ride to the parts store and luckily they had the parts in stock.

Now the problem: The outer bearing race is stuck to the spindle, so I can't get the hub off. I tried cranking down on it with the nut, to budge it inward and break it loose. Tried hitting it with a socket, not budging. Any ideas? Is there a puller that can bolt to the wheel studs and pull it?

TIA, John
Old 07-25-2001, 10:02 AM
Scrapin' Member

You might be able to use a slide hammer with a 3 jaw puller, but I don't know if there is room to get the jaws inside the hub or if you will be able to grab the race with them. Sorry I can't be of more help but I haven't had that particular problem before.
Old 07-25-2001, 10:11 AM
Inactive User

Well, if there is a 3-jaw type of puller that will fit in there, I don't have one.

I hope the spindle isn't screwed up, but I'm afraid it is. The bearing race may have spun on it.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:21 AM
EMeadows19@aol.com

i think autozone rents them
you may just have to bust the entire rotor and replace it (approx 80 bucks) to get it off there. goodluck!