Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-12-2001, 12:10 AM
Inactive User

Default Flowmaster

Has anyone used American thunder for your ram? Should I get this system or the 50 series delta flow one? It is a 97 1500 4x4 with 360. Thanks Nathan.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:48 PM
Inactive User

get a 40 series street/strip if you want it make noise.......
50 series is delta flow and wont make much noise either does the 40 series delta flow
Old 12-12-2001, 04:01 PM
Banned

Biggrin Flowmaster

I have a Series 40 with a Carsounds Catalystic convertor and Flowtech shorty header. Its loud and crisp. I get a lot of compliments from the trucks that I past on the highway through the CB Radio.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:58 AM
Inactive User

Question....Does a 40 series street/strip make it real loud? My truck already has 3in stainless all the way, but it has normal muffler. If I just install a 40 series will it make it loud? And if so, will it be a nice throaty, growling noise. Or is it almost like a glasspack/cherry bomb type sound?
Thanks
Old 12-16-2001, 02:05 AM
Banned

Cool Muffler

I liked it better with the stock manifolds. But its really load now with the headers. I was thinking about changing the muffler to quite it down.
Old 12-16-2001, 02:11 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up 40 series

I have almost the same exhaust setup as Mikael... 40 series 2 chamber Flowmaster with a Carsounds catatytic converter, except I have the factory exhaust manifold, dont have headers yet. The sound is throaty, powerful and LOUD. It's fairly loud in the cab with the slider rear open. I think you will like it... if you get the 50 series Delta flow, you will probably want to go a little louder and wish you went with the 40 series.

Funny story... a couple days ago after my night class I was in my truck and about to start her up. Three gals (yes HOT!) were walking behind my truck in the parking lot, as soon as they were walking directly behind the two big chrome pipes, I turned the key and the 360 ROARED to life... one of the girls was so frightened that she SCREAMED and was scared sh*tless. My exhaust just about gave her a heart attack!
Old 12-16-2001, 02:16 AM
Inactive User

haha. Thats what I like to hear. I still have the stock cat, but I'm sure from how you guys explain it, it'll sound good. Can't wait, have to do a lil pricing on them. Sure they can't be too much, just hope I can get them somewhere round here so theres no shipping to pay for! Oh, and another question, how much of a difference is there between 40 delta flow and street/strip. Cause I want it loud but no SO loud I will get pulled over for. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2001, 02:23 AM
Banned

Cool Startaling

Whenever I off load at a dock with guys that know what a performance engine sounds like, they come running. Man, what you got under the hood in that thing. A Hemi??

Let me tell you, when I worked at Dodge my boss ran Hemi Drag Cars. Nothing Sounds like a hemi. But it sure is nice to see people take a second look when I start up.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:15 AM
Inactive User

do not get a 40 series delta flow my neighbor has one and it sounds like a 40 series street and strip with your hand over the exhaust.....go with the 40 series street and strip also i would get it from summit if i was you they are by far cheaper than any other place i have found and shipping is cheap and fast. theres are the same price for single in dual out and single/single as most other places charge you more for the single in dual out just for instance i think summits are 59.99 and jegs wants 109.99
Old 12-17-2001, 12:16 PM
Inactive User

I have the 40 series NON-deltaflow, factory cat with split rear exit, and it sounds good. It could even be a little louder and I wouldn't complain.
Tommygunn, I see you're from Altoona. I lived most of my life in the Bedford area and used to go to Altoona a lot. It's good to see members from back home on here.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:53 PM

Tommygunn,
Is there still a dirt oval race track in Altoona, when I was a boy my father used to race there. If I remember correctly the track was by the big water tower.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:35 PM
Inactive User

WingedWarrior, when you went with dual outlet, did you have to drop the spare to run it? Did you run them both out the same side? How'd you do it?
Bedford county eh? I'm from Beaver County, PA. Not real close to where you are but, still in same state. LOL
Thanks!
Old 12-18-2001, 10:54 AM
Inactive User

Magnum97, I grew up in Bedford County, but I now live in Montgomery County, near Philadelphia. I'm in Bedford about once a month, though, visiting family and friends.
As far as my duals go...I had the pipes custom bent locally where I live. They exit out the back, one on each side, like they all did in the "old days." I don't think he dropped the spare when he did it, but I don't know for sure. The spare drops easily, but you do have to guide it back in or it jams on the pipes (especially the drivers side which crosses behind the spare. Overall, I'm happy with it, but if I had it to do again, I would wait and have it done at a shop in Bedford. He would have been cheaper, and he gets his tailpipes pre-bent from a factory in Texas, they would have looked more "perfect."
Old 12-20-2001, 01:31 PM
Inactive User

as far as the duals out the back mine are out the back and i still have the spare tire but i rum 3 inch back to the tire then had to go to 2 1/2 inch to get by the tire and then with 4 inch tips that are 3o inch long...but a word of caution if i had to do it again i would go with 2 inch by the tire because the other day i dropped my spare to check the air in it and i noticed it is a little burnt where the pipe runs by on the drivers side but with a little rotation of the tire from time to time i dont think its gonna be problem plus i just got lift kit and bigger wheels so here in about 2 months my spare isnt gonna fit any way.......

as far as the race track in altoona its gone like most of the good ole dirt tracks around the country..the closest one now is either in bedford or ebensburg.....seems like everybody leaves this area i am moving to delmont in april