Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts for Sale > Rear Wheel Drive - Parts for Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Inactive User

Default "302" Heads

Howdy! I have a set of "302" casting heads for the 273 and 318 LA engines. The heads came out of a mid-80's 318/2-barrel car, and have been completely disassembled, cleaned and magnafluxed for cracks by a pro head shop (Werner Machine, Mokena, IL) Came back with a clean bill of health. No cracks, really nice shape. They just recommended that new valve guides be installed. My stock heads came back clean too so I decided to use those -I'm doing a resto and I want to stay as original as possible, though it's hard to tell the difference between the two once bolted up to the engine with everything connected.

Anyway... Hot-Rod made a 400 HP 318 using a set of these heads! The closed, heart-shaped chamber is good for both compression as well as efficiency (efficiency = power, not just MPG). These heads were the fore-runner to the Magnum heads. The main difference is that these still use the 5-bolt valve covers and conventional rockers. I have the shafts with bolts and the stamped-steel rockers. I might have the rods too. I know we tossed the valves and springs though I might have some that would work. $125 for the pair of bare heads, shafts with bolts, rockers, and any other parts that I may have for these. Local pick-up only. I'm in the Chicago area and would be willing to meet anywhere near my home in New Lenox or office in Willowbrook. Cash and carry or partial trade for '67 Barracuda headlight bezels -good ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg head1.jpg (61.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg head2.jpg (46.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg head3.jpg (47.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg head4.jpg (39.8 KB, 11 views)