Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts Wanted > Rear Wheel Drive - Parts Wanted

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:44 AM
Inactive User

Default Wanted: 1972-1980 Dodge Truck Parts (also posted in truck parts)

I am currently undergoing a frame off resto/ slight modification of a 1972 Dodge D100 Adventurer Special Edition, 2wd Longbed, Standard Cab truck.

It has the #s matching 360/727/8 3/4 3.23 Sure Grip and has some rare options like cruise control, A/C, Power Disc Brakes (1970-'72 C Body Type) Factory Tachometer and headliner.

I was going to drive the truck daily, but decided that it was a little much to just beat up and it is exceedingly clean inside and out.

I am looking for some odd parts to complete the body, it will be getting a full restoration back to the original Blue/white 2 tone with woodgrain trim and the woodgrain insert tailgate.

Here is a list of parts that I am currently looking for:

Passengers side sport mirror (same as Li'l Red Express)... have the holes and inner bracket, but no pedistol, hardware or mirror.

Medium Blue Glove box door (1972/1973 ONLY)

Woodgrain Decal for tailgate and/ or trim... any info would be great.

Cruise control cable (same as many other cars)... I know someone makes these things new...???

Chrome rear bumper and brackets (same as Ramcharger/Trailduster & Li'l Red)

Passengers side tail light lens... This one is odd-

This tail light lens looks to be the same as any other fleet/sweptside/, ramcharger/trailduster tail light lens, but with a different freznel pattern behind the backup section of the lens.

The aftermarket lenses have the striped pattern behind the backup lens like the 1974-1980 trucks have, but I am looking for the lens with the diamond pattern inside the backup lens.

Not a big deal, but if you have a '72 or '73 truck with a good lens and it's the one I'm looking for, it would add that much to the resto of this rare truck. If it's in good shape and something you need (daily driver), I'd be willing to trade for a brand new set of aftermarket lenses.

Jack Assembly- The same from 1972-1976, I beleive... Maybe later.

UNCUT, dirty or clean tail light wiring harness complete from the bulkhead at the fire wall to the plugs at the tail light housing for a Long bed, automatic transmission truck from 1972-1976. Must be in reasonable shape with no splices or repairs.

Also... Anyone know of a place to get a good deal on re-annodizing an aluminum grille?

Any information would be great!

Thanks!
Dave
Old 07-30-2004, 04:37 AM

Can you give me any info on early to late 70's model Vans?

As far as truck parts is concerned, I know about a 1970 Dodge 4x4 truck with a 440. All that is left of the truck is the frame, tires wheels, motor and tranny
Old 07-30-2004, 05:09 AM
Inactive User

Default well...

What kind of info are you looking for (engine, Transmission, Suspension, body, interchangeable parts, numbers, history) ? I know quite a bit.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:18 AM

Interchangeable parts Van, Van/Truck
Old 08-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Inactive User

Default Interchangable parts

Well, as far as I know, the vans use their own suspension (knuckles, steering links, A arms and lower control arms.) But I do know that ALL Mopar front rotors, calipers , and brake shoes are interchangable from all models from 1973 up through the end of the Truck, Van, A, B, C, D(Imperial)E, F, J and M bodies.

I know some of the trucks used the same steering columns as the A body cars as did the vans, the shafts may differ from the truck to the van, but probably not. Other than the drivetrains( engine, transmission, rear axle) The door handles and the small sport mirrors (3x2" rectangle) exept for the pedestols are interchangable. The rearview mirrors are the same from the trucks to the vans.

The best thing that you can do is research part number to part number from the trucks to the vans.

I have found that if you simply go to http://www.autozone.com, using their online store, you can compare the two different vehicles, part for part and if you have matching part numbers, thats all it takes!
Old 08-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Inactive User

I have a long bed '76 Adventurer. I will check the wiring harness and let you know, ( I don't know if it has been "worked"on or not), could have the mirror pedestal also but that would be all. I'll get back to you
Old 08-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation I just got it home

Its a early 70s adventurer se,the pedastals are the small open type,is that what you are looking for?Its gold and tan,so the interior isnt but I also have a blue 76 3/4 ton,mabeye some stuff will work from that one.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Inactive User

Well, I found a passengers side mirror pedestal, but I still need the other items mentioned.

The things I am looking for as of right now are the following:

Complete jack assembly

medium blue dash pad (glove box door) 1972-1976

Longbed wiring harness for tail lamps/transmission (automatic) must be UNCUT!

Cruise control cable (new) I have seen new cables on resto vehicles, I know someone makes these things.

Weatherstripping for doors and openings... all of it.

carpet (dark blue or medium blue low cut pile)

Universal woodgrain vinyl decal

That passengers side tail light (see description)

Medium blue steering wheel or....

1968-1970 Woodgrain 3 spoke wheel and center cap (nothing too nice, crack free preferred, but I will consider minor damage, blue horn button preferred, but all considered)

I may move away from the stock 17" diameter steering wheel because it comes so close to the bottom seat bun of the bench seat that the upholstery has been destroyed underneath where the wheel sits, due to people entering and exiting the drivers seat (legs rubbing the upholstery)

8 3/4 third member with sure grip (prefferably 3.23) $?

chrome rear bumper and brackets/hardware (same as ramcharger/trailduster/red express)

What shape is the glove box door and steering wheel like in that 76?

I could also use another brake light switch (pedal operated)
Old 08-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally posted by TrashedCharger
Well, I found a passengers side mirror pedestal, but I still need the other items mentioned.

Cruise control cable (new) I have seen new cables on resto vehicles, I know someone makes these things.

Local parts store should have what you need.

Weatherstripping for doors and openings... all of it.

Believe it or not, I redid my '85 Ramcharger with weather strip form J.C. Whitney ,and it fits and looks stock. Mounts stock too and was the lowest cost I could find. You should check with them.

Universal woodgrain vinyl decal

Any good decal shop should be able to make one for you. The guys that make the decals for our race car can make anything we want using computers.

That passengers side tail light (see description)

Again, check with J.C. Whitney. They were the only ones that had the correct tail lenses for my '85 and they were only $32.oo instead of $90 plus from the dealer.

chrome rear bumper and brackets/hardware (same as ramcharger/trailduster/red express)

Got my front and rear bumpers replaced from J.C. too. Good quality. No rust and they were replaced about 6 years ago. All the stuff mentioned above was replaced at the sametime. About 150 for a front bumper and about 200 for the rear, best I remember.

I could also use another brake light switch (pedal operated)

Local parts store should have this too. Pretty common piece.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Inactive User

Default I haven't checked with J.C. whitney

on prices. I know they carry the weatherstripping and tail light lenses, but the lens I am looking for is slightly specific to the 1972-1973 trucks only (see original description). You're right though, the lenses will work, but I'd like to find the original (different backup lens freznel pattern) if possible if I could before buying a new set, allthough I may end up having to.

I didn't know that they had front and rear factory bumpers, and for that price, I think I may just end up buying a new one and getting some brackets from a junkyard to restore.

I could get the woodgrain decal custom lithographed ad a vinyl shop, but I know 3M makes the woodgrain decal in 2' rolls and I can cut it to specs myself and save $$$ as long as I had a resource to buy the stuff.

I actually found the small adhesive attached cursive "Dodge" chrome badge that is peaked for the center of my tailgate.

They only put that badge on the tailgates that have the decal (woodgrain or other) without the "DODGE" embossing in the sheet metal (mostly Special Editions).

Every single tailgate I have seen that was supposed to have this badge was missing it and had a sun washed "Dodge" mark in it's place. I think this was because that the tailgate is a very low pressure area when driving and because of that, gets dirty fast and destroys the badge adhesive. One day you'd drive it to work, come home, park it and it would be missing.

I'm going to use barrel clips in the tailgate and epoxy metal 1/8" studs into the back of the badge so I don't lose it.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Banned

Good luck with it. You might check J.C. on those tail lights though. There's two different ones for my truck too and they had both styles. Now that's not to say that they will have yours, but worth a call to see. Hope I helped a little bit any way.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Inactive User

Arrow got a blue glove box door

but its kinda sunfaded.It has sat in my backyard without a windshield for a couple years.you want something better Im sure.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Inactive User

Default I don't care

It doesn't matter if it's sun faded, I can dye it. I have before, I just need to know what year of truck it came from and if it has cracks or not...

Also, DWC... What year of truck are you working on?

I think that the differences that they mention are probably from the narrow stepside external lamps compared to the full bodied trucks. I doubt that they have the variant of the two different, fleetside bed tail light I'm looking for, but I suppose it's worth calling and finding out for sure.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Banned

'85 RamCharger.

Still worth a call. You might get lucky, I did.