Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Inactive User

Default Just what I need: More cars

In another thread, I described a project I've just inherited from my brother Dennis (who recently died of cancer); a 1962 Chrysler Newport.

He also gave me another Newport, this one a 1969 convertible. These pictures were taken in his shop on a cold day, and the lights were mercury-vapor types that wouldn't start very well, so the lighting is awful:

Unlike the '62, this one is roadworthy, licensed and insured. I don't remember the last time I saw the top up; Dennis replaced the top a long time ago (perhaps as long ago as 20 years, I don't remember) but I have no idea what it'll be like when I try to put it up. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow when we have to move it to get the '62 out of the shop.

The 383 runs strong, he said, and shouldn't need much work. I plan on bringing this back to my place in the spring, driving it on nice days, then taking it back out to the big garage on Dennis's place for storage in the winter.

Ah, old Mopars. There just isn't anything else on the planet quite like these old Prairie Schooners. Another candidate for the Hot Rod Power Tour.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Inactive User

lol! i know what you mean about not needing any more cars. my yard is looking like a used car lot...

nice wheels!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Inactive User

I love C bodies.