Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy Consumer protection

Hey guys, I recently bought some Challenger door trims and imported them into Australia from the US. They are rubbish, didn't fit etc, so I contacted the manufacturer, who said that they had redesigned and would replace them free of charge to anywhere within the US. I gave them the name of an exporter in California, from then on have had to email regularly to the point where I get no response.
Is there a Government department that I can email my complaints to?
We had this in Aust., so no doubt that there would be one in the US, I just need a department name that I can do so.
Your help would be appreciated.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Inactive User

Judging by the lack of response, you guys must get the good stuff and let us overseas have the rubbish. Well done! - either that or you are willing to lose your hard earnt cash.
I have since emailed the US Government consumer protection department who have responded, and then in turn US foreign efraud protection dept on this last weekend, so I guess I will see what they have to say. One way or the other, I will get somewhere with this - even if it means naming and shaming these guys.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM

what are door trims?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge440 View Post
Judging by the lack of response, you guys must get the good stuff and let us overseas have the rubbish. Well done!
No, you are wrong. But I don't think any of us are familiar with international laws such as this. I know that is why I did not respond.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 AM

Who did you buy from?

As to who to report it to, I would have to do the same google search that you can do. I would guess that you could inform the FBI as this could be considered as internation mail and wire fraud.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Inactive User

There is no "consumer protection" in the U.S. The U.S. government is corrupt. I don't pick Republicats from Dempublicans because they are all same--same, but one good example is the US FCC. O'Dama just proposed a new head of the FCC who is...........big surprise............a former communications executive an lobbyist, an outright insider who "gave" lots of money to O'Dama's Great Big money train campaign. A partial quote from the announcement, just dripping of political nepotism:
================================================== ========
"On Wednesday, May 1, President Barack Obama announced that he has
nominated Tom Wheeler to be the new Chairman of the Federal
Communications Commission........................

Wheeler, 67, has served as an informal adviser to Obama in recent
years and has been a major fundraiser for his political campaigns.
He has a background as a venture capitalist and as a lobbyist for
the communications industry. He is the former President of the
National Cable Television Association (NCTA, now known as National
Cable & Telecommunications Association) and former Chief Executive
Officer of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association
(CTIA). Currently, he is a Managing Director at Core Capital
Partners, a venture capital firm in Washington, DC.
================================================== =======

And we are SURPRISED?

We just got through having a be scandal (should be a Federal Crime) involving "prescription drug compounding" and it turns out THAT is not under the jurisdiction of the ???FDA??? and this KILLED some people and made others very very ill, quite possibly for the rest of their (shortened) lives!!!

Sorry, fine person from the great country of Australia, but there is no help in the US for consumers. We get the same Chinese/ Tai-whon crap that you probably do, we eat it, pay for it, and smile.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge440 View Post
Hey guys, I recently bought some Challenger door trims and imported them into Australia from the US. They are rubbish, didn't fit etc, so I contacted the manufacturer, who said that they had redesigned and would replace them free of charge to anywhere within the US. I gave them the name of an exporter in California, from then on have had to email regularly to the point where I get no response.
Is there a Government department that I can email my complaints to?
We had this in Aust., so no doubt that there would be one in the US, I just need a department name that I can do so.
Your help would be appreciated.
Mate

Got to YELLOWBULLET.COM and burn those S#$T suppliers down in the negative seller feedback thread at the bottom of the forums page.

Then everyone else will know.

And as you will notice you can use any expletives you wish.

Good idea to introduce yourself on the newbie thread.

Cheers

Peter
Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM

As far a "consumer protection" in the U.S. there isn't really any unless the product endangers health/safety. If you were stateside your only recourse would be to file a complaint with the authorities in the state in which the manufacturer is based or file a small claim in court.

I would forget about e-mails and call them on the phone.