Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Inactive User

Default Dodge=trucks, Chrysler=cars, Jeep=suv

Looks like Chrysler is going to reorganize the company, by making Dodge the truck only company, then Chrysler will be the cars, and Jeep will be the sport utility.
I read it on Allpar, i dont think it is official, but I bet it happens, looks like the Challenger will be a Chrysler.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Inactive User

I remember when In Canada here they called the Neon a Chrysler SX (wasn't a Dodge Neon here) and their sales went down the toilet. All the lines will have name changes. LIke will the Durango now be a Jeep Durango SUV?

Dam, it dosn't sound like a good direction to head to me, but I guess I'll still buy a Hemi Chrysler Challenger, or will that be a Chrysler Cuda.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Inactive User

Plymouth = performance cars?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:56 AM

That is one of many plans that they are considering.

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal online edition reports Chrysler is considering completely reorganizing its brands in a move that management hopes will hasten the company’s return to profitability.

According to three dealers familiar with the proposal, all passenger cars would be badged as Chryslers and sold only through Chrysler dealers. Dodge would become a purely truck brand with its dealers selling pickups and commercial vehicles and Jeep dealers would sell Jeeps and sport-utility vehicles. This would have the benefit of allowing Chrysler to trim its product line and eliminate overlap.

The changes being discussed would also allow Chrysler to drop as many as a thousand underperforming dealerships that are carrying excess inventory and relying on profit-sapping incentives for sales.

One of the dealers, who declined to be identified, said, "This is just one of the plans they are studying. At the end of this year, they hope to have a plan for the future."
Old 11-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Inactive User

Now I read on Allpar that Chrysler says that the wall street journal is wrong with this, and they have no immediate plans of brand seperation. Who knows I guess. I hope they stay the same.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Inactive User

Sounds like a great way to confuse the hell out of the buying public.................