Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Unhappy Predictions For Chrysler

This is what some financial gurus are saying on the web today:

The Chrysler brand of Chrysler LLC faces a problem similar to the one that GM faces with its weakest brands. As it moves closer to bankruptcy, the automaker knows that it cannot support product design, manufacturing, and marketing for all of its brands. An analysis of sales by division shows that the Chrysler brand has substantially worse sales than Dodge or Jeep. Through the first quarter, Chrysler sales dropped 61% to 45,706. The only nameplate within the brand that sold more than 20,000 vehicles was the Town & Country which could almost certainly be moved to the Dodge division. Dodge and Jeep both sold substantially more cars than the Chrysler brand even though their sales were down 40%. When the company is done restructuring, Chrysler will be gone.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Inactive User

Unfortunately I think they are right. The T&C and 300 sell, but the Sebring has been an outright flop. The Aspen is nice and all, but they just dont sell very well. The PT, it would be nice if they would do a bit of a redesign on it and keep it, but I doubt that will happen, its just plain dated at this point. Part of me is upset, but Id rather see one division go than watch the whole company fold.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:41 PM

Wouldn't it be funny after Walter Chrysler bought Dodge that the company became Dodge Motors? Looking sad either way, and I'm afraid this country is just handing it's economic strength over to multi-national corporations and non-american entities. Perhaps Chrysler is the canary in the US coal mine....
Old 04-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

I didnt even think of that Stoga, it would be kind of like going back to their roots.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM

I still think that we should form a lynch mob and go after Eaton. If it weren't for that greedy SOB, the company never would have been sold to Daimler and then sucked dry.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:13 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoga View Post
Wouldn't it be funny after Walter Chrysler bought Dodge that the company became Dodge Motors? Looking sad either way, and I'm afraid this country is just handing it's economic strength over to multi-national corporations and non-american entities. Perhaps Chrysler is the canary in the US coal mine....
Perhaps they are. M.B. raped & pilaged then left town. I think it would be quite a different story if M.B. haden't run them into the ground. Thanks for selling Chrysler down the river Iacocca & Eaton.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:27 PM

Iacocca had nothing to do with Chrysler being sold to the Germans. Iacocca had made Chrysler rather strong, before stepping down. Eaton was the one that sold the company to the Germans. He even convinced the majority of share holders that it would be a good thing.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:38 AM

I agree with the idea of a lynching party for Eaton, he was the quisling in the whole deal.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehostler View Post
Iacocca had nothing to do with Chrysler being sold to the Germans. Iacocca had made Chrysler rather strong, before stepping down. Eaton was the one that sold the company to the Germans. He even convinced the majority of share holders that it would be a good thing.
Iacocca was the guy who insisted on bringing in Eaton from GM instead of promoting a Chrysler guy from within, who really had his heart "in" Chrysler.
That's why I lay blame on Iacocca. Iacocca did save Chrysler in the 80's
Eaton came up with the "merger of equal's" with Mercedes. Then he convienetly left with his "Golden Parachute"
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM

Hard to call that a Golden Parachute. He left with his payoff from Daimler.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Inactive User

My prediction: death and subsequent dismemberment due to the unreasonable demands of the UAW and the company's complacency in dealing with them, corporate greed in the form of ridiculous bonuses and incentives, an inability to change with the times, and market tampering by the government.

Walter Chrysler is spinning in his grave. What a shame.