Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:27 PM

Gripe Oh, and mind the wasps!

I had moved my Breeze from the place where it was blocking part of my driveway and decided to pop open the hood and disconnect the ground at the terminal on the shock tower. It's a late model with a computer so naturally it's a battery eater when you don't run it regular and I just didn't feel like jumping it the next time I want to start it, especially considering I'd just put a fresh battery in it not long ago.
Anyway, I was almost through undoing the nut that secures the ground cable when from the corner of my eye I see a wasp quickly glide down and sting me on my right index finger! I look to my side and notice that little bastards had built a nest on the back underneath corner of the hood! It wasn't there last week when I was fooling with the car, naturally.
I knocked the nest off the car with a pair of pliers, and stomped the ones that had stayed with the nest, then got out of there quickly.
As many times as I've been stung junkyard raiding or fooling with one of my old heaps, you'd think I'd remember to check for wasps and other critters by now. Just glad it wasn't killer bees, even more glad I'm not allergic!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Inactive User

Those little bastards get into everything. This weekend I was going through my little old utility trailer since its time for a new deck, paint and while it was at my dad's he knocked all of the lights off with his lawn mower. I started unbolting the deck and as I got under there, I found it was full of wasp nests. They were right where I would have had my hand with the wrench, glad I looked cuz Im big time allergic. I turned the trailer over and killed a ton of them, probably 10 small and medium sized nests. All on a 4x8 frame.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:27 PM

I had a friend who was allergic. Nothing happened to him, just got out of contact with him. Anyway, him, myself and a couple of friends were going out to a restaurant to eat and a yellow jacket hit the mirror on the car and flew inside. Landed right on him, yep, and it stung him. We had to stop and he got his bee sting kit out and took a shot right then.
Pretty scary stuff, he was looking not very good in that time between when he got stung and the shot took affect!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:09 PM

Oh, and just as a reminder, they do come back! Same deal, checked the Breeze, popped the hood, there they were! RUN!!!!