Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-27-1999, 12:35 AM

Anyone out there know anything bout the new ProStock Engine Project??? Heard that they are working on a hemi - Nicken and Larry Morgan are doing lotsa work with Chrysler. I'll be at the Topeka races this week. . .so if I don't hear from anyone, I'll try to get the latest info.

Later. . .
Old 09-27-1999, 01:21 AM
Inactive User

Supposedly they are hard at work on it,but it's making about the same power as what they are using now.Also a rumor is going around that NHRA doesn't like the new Hemi engine as it is a combination of a splayed valve GM head and the hemi head.But again this is a rumor.I also heard that Mopar is being very tight lipped about any progress with this engine(called the Hemi 99 program).Also rumor was that Alderman had one in his car after Englishtown for testing,but that was the last I heard.If you are able to find anything out,let us know.And also I hear that GM racer V.Gaines of the Western motorsports Camaro will be in a Dodge next year,can you find out about that too???
Old 09-27-1999, 05:20 AM
Mopars win..others whine

I have wanted to know more about the Hemi myself but I am going to have to wait till they come here to Baytown at Houston Raceway Park. I did not hear that about Gaines going Mopar but I did know that John Nobile was.
Old 09-27-1999, 04:20 PM

Chris,

Thanx for the info. I'll see what I can dig up at Topeka this weekend. Should be up on the net late Sunday nite (3 Oct) so next Monday I should be able to update everyone.

JCN. . .