Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Club Chat Forums > Shelby Dodge Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:21 AM

content 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2.2 Turbo 2 5-speed, rare or not?..

I have a 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2.2 Turbo 2 5-speed. I have been told by many people that it is a rare collectors item and I have also been told that it will be a collectors item. How rare is it or is it rare at all?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:36 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Nothing rare cause they built way too many of them. It will be a long time before they are worth anything. I have one of the first '83 Shelby Chargers in sivler with blue stripes 2.2 5 spd. and sunroof. It'll be in the back of the shop for a long time.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Inactive User

It's not super rare but I would consider it "collectible" since most of these were used hard and thrown away. I would guess maybe 5k built. Someone should have the numbers on these cars but I don't know where to get the info. Maybe someone on turbododge.com or turbomopar.com could help you out.
Those cars are getting hard to find in nice condition and are starting to appreciate in value. At one time I owned 46 Shelby Dodges of all types except for an '86 GLHS. I couldn't take care of them so I sold them all off except for the 2 Shelby Dakotas I bought new and an '88 Daytona. The Daytona is the first '88 built (June '87), has the VIN ending in 00001 and 2 fender tags, one which reads C1 PILOT. It's a keeper unless someone wants to step up a little for it.
Dallas
missourimopar.com
BTW, if you haven't checked out my site, there are a bunch of pics of the Shelbys on there.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc43 View Post
Nothing rare cause they built way too many of them. It will be a long time before they are worth anything. I have one of the first '83 Shelby Chargers in sivler with blue stripes 2.2 5 spd. and sunroof. It'll be in the back of the shop for a long time.
Wow I would not have guessed that.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO-E-Bodyman View Post
It's not super rare but I would consider it "collectible" since most of these were used hard and thrown away. I would guess maybe 5k built. Someone should have the numbers on these cars but I don't know where to get the info. Maybe someone on turbododge.com or turbomopar.com could help you out.
Those cars are getting hard to find in nice condition and are starting to appreciate in value. At one time I owned 46 Shelby Dodges of all types except for an '86 GLHS. I couldn't take care of them so I sold them all off except for the 2 Shelby Dakotas I bought new and an '88 Daytona. The Daytona is the first '88 built (June '87), has the VIN ending in 00001 and 2 fender tags, one which reads C1 PILOT. It's a keeper unless someone wants to step up a little for it.
Dallas
missourimopar.com
BTW, if you haven't checked out my site, there are a bunch of pics of the Shelbys on there.
46 shelby Dodges, now that is alot. The 89 Shelby car runs great, needs tune up. Body looks excelent. I have not seen many like it. Well around here I have the only Daytonas on the road. Their even hard to find in the junkyards. The ones that were in the junkyards have been crushed within the last year. As far as the rare Daytona you have, I thought that the 1988 Daytona Pacific parts car I have that has the overhead console was rare. It is just so hard to find any Daytona parts in the junkyards within a 100 plus mile radious.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Inactive User

If you weren't so far away I could hook you up with parts. I am parting out an '87 Pacifica and I have a '92 I'm not sure what I'm going to do with just yet. Actually, you aren't very far away compared to some of the people I sold cars to. I've sold them as far east as Maryland and as far west as Denver, several went up north to Ohio and surrounding states. I found out rust free examples are rare up north and really in demand. I sold some down in KY and TN and one went to Texas.
I had a friend that had a salvage yard that had probably 100+ fwd Mopars. He let his son-in-law run the yard and he crushed everything. Well, he didn't crush the rare LeBaron pace car but he turned it over to cut the catalytic converter off of it. Most of the other yards are crushing the 'older' stuff also. Seems funny to refer to a fwd car as an 'older car'.
Dallas
missourimopar.com
Old 12-12-2006, 02:50 AM

Mo E Bodyman, I might be interested in seeing your 87 Pacifica. Mopard: You can get on turbododge.com forum and find lots more info on that Shelby. I know by reading on Daytona Shelby that about 7000 of my 87 Shelby Z were made, first year for a T 2 engine in Daytona. Could not find the numbers for 89, My 87 was fun to drive
Old 12-12-2006, 03:36 AM
Inactive User

Hey all dodge,
If you're at Ft. Wood, I'm only 9 miles south of the back gate. The Pacifica is complete except I used the right door and front fender off of it recently. It's a T-1, auto, with 4 wheel disc brakes. I do have pics of it I can email to you. Just email me at dallas(at)missourimopar.com and I can return them to you.
Thanks,
Dallas
missourimopar.com
Old 12-12-2006, 08:35 PM

I'll be back up there tonight, take a look tommorow or Thurs, if that works for you? Are you on the west side of I-44, with the Mopar banner up? I tried the address, but not sure if the computer or myself didn't screw it up. Sucks without R&R Salvage in Aroura, Tom
Old 12-13-2006, 02:30 AM
Inactive User

Tom,
I'm south of the Fort (and I-44) on Hwy. 17, just south of the 17 and 32 Junction. I'm about 28 miles south of the Buckhorn exit at I-44. If you come through the Fort and out the 'back' exit onto Hwy AW, then to 17, I'm just 9 miles from the 'back' gate.
I need to make a couple of parts runs the next couple of days but I can work with your schedule if you can give me a call to set up a time. My shop # is 417-458-4847. I generally get there around 10 or so. If you want to call early my home # is 417-458-3342. I don't have a computer at the shop.
Thanks,
Dallas
missourimopar.com
BTW, the street address is 12712 Hwy. 17, Roby, MO 65557
If you use MapQuest, it seems to goof up the directions somehow, not sure what's wrong there.