Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Club Chat Forums > Shelby Dodge Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Inactive User

Default What a difference a Shelby is

I just picked up a 89 Shelby Daytona and what a difference the price of parts compared to my 340 Duster.The support I have gotten is great.Its a breath of fresh air not to feel ripped off every time you shop for parts.To many people trying to make a living off a hobby is pricing a lot of people out of it.I dont even waste my time at the swap meets anymore.They want more for their rusty junk parts than retailers want for new stock.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Banned

I agree, the Shelby is an awesome ride and I agree with the rest of your statements too. The prices are way out of check thses days.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Inactive User

Default ha

i have owned shelby daytonas before. but i went out and bought a 67 rambler rebel sst convertible. it wasnt running or driveable. but i figured it was rare, one of 1600 built. and it looked just like a road runner convertible. well 1 year and 2000.00 dollars later it was running and driving. but still neede lots of work. parts were a ripoff. and very hard to find. i cant understand why they had the same driveline parts as the mopars of those years mostly. well needless to say i sold it. took my beating and bought a 90 vnt shelby daytona. i can now buy parts at work, the dodge dealer i work at. and they arent stupidly expensive. and the car hauls ass.

the people who sell the parts for these older cars are gonna scare lots of their customers away with their pricing. then they wont have anyone to sell their parts to.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Banned

I can answer your question sbout the drive line of the AMC you had. See AMC only built there engines. They bought everything else. The bodies were built by Fisher with AMC's designs of course and the rest was bought from different manf.

The only non Mopar I ever had was an AMC Matador. IT had enough Mopar parts I considered it a Mopar. THe Body was Fisher, the engine was an AMC 401 big block rated the same hp as the same year 440. IT had a dual point gm dist. A ford Motorcraft 4bbl and not the ford holley either. It had the mustang front suspenion that traps the front spring betwwen the fender and upper control arm. IT had Mopar a 727 tranny, exhaust pipes and mufflers, a Dana 60 with 4:11 gears and 11 inch drum rear brakes. The fuel tank was mopar too. The interior resembled gm, but I'm sure it was an AMC design. The old car would fly and I paid 80.oo for it from a substitute teacher just to get it out of her drive. It even had a tilt coluum. It was a fun ride I must say.