Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Club Chat Forums > Shelby Dodge Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Inactive User

Default First new post in 30 Days

I was just getting tired of seeing "There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum."
Old 11-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Nice collection of Daytona's. But i think you can find another forum with more Daytona owners.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Inactive User

Thanks! Yea, I know I am on many others, guess I am just a social butterfly. I have a lot of friends on here with older cars. I actually just realized I missed this forum in updating my sig.......all better now.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Looks like you updated your aviator too, or I developed selective vision('74 or older)... What other forums do you go to? I know of Allpar and MoparStyle, what other forums have a decent amout of users?

I always wanted to drive one of those Daytona's, I bet they handle like a GT Mustang of the same year.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Inactive User

Yea, not sure why my Avatar was not up there??? The forums I follow are
www.turbododge.com <----- Thats the biggest one
www.boostedmopar.com <----- Growing fast
www.shelbyforums.com <----- Mostly Ford but they have a Dodge section
www.jaxracing.com <--- My old local forum, lots of Turbo Dodge guys there
www.srt4forums.com <---- Mostly SRT4's but a lot of peopl have old TD's

As far as the handling the car does pretty well, has a problem of pushing threw the turns if pushed hard. The T-top cars handled a lot better when a strut bar was added. Over all it is a very fun car, an underdog in most cases. Really get a kick out of peoples reactions when they get beat, esp Mustangs. Common things to hear.....You put a turbo on that?.......Does not sound like a four cylinder.....What did you do to that thing....All of them amusing. Just got a full set of Koni coil overs and can't wait to see how 2005 technology helps the handling.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/att...chmentid=13619
http://www.shelbymopar.com/gallerybu...car%20show.jpg <---- strut bar
Old 11-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Inactive User

I check in here almost daily and post occasionally. I don't post much in the Shelby Dodge section since I've sold most of mine. I still have a t-top Daytona, the pilot car and my Lancer, though.
Dallas
Old 11-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Inactive User

Pilot car, cool. I love to see old school Mopar V-8 guys that like the TD's also. Have any pictures??? Would love to see your cars. I go to a lot of Mopar car shows and it bugs the crap out of me when I have a FWD performance shirt on or an SDAC shirt and the V-8 guys, well it just seems like they look down to me as I am asking about their car. Don't get me wrong, I know there are those guys that talk out their butt. You can normally figure their game out in less than 5 min, but I am not one of those. I would love to have an old Mopar, passed one up cause I figured it would cost too much money to fix up. Hind sight is 20-20 after seeing what I have put into my car. Also have heard a few people with nasty comments about the K-car platform as they walk by the row of FWD's. I know its not everybody, but do these guys not understand that we are not naive about the older body styles, and that we love them also???
Sorry about the rant.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Inactive User

Brent,
I collected Shelby Dodges for about 13 years before I realized I had way too many to take care of. At one time I had 46 including 2 Shelby Dakotas I bought new. I finally decided to go back to my roots and concentrate on the muscle era cars which were what I drove back in the 70s and 80s. Back then they were alot like the TDs are today, cheap to buy and modify.
Now I'm trying to pare my collection down to a number I can fit into my garage. I have an old 4wd for winter, my 2 Shelby trucks, a 68 B'cuda ragtop, the 3 Tds mentioned above and several older Mopar project cars, most of which I plan to sell.
I also get aggravated with those narrowminded people who can't appreciate most all cars. As you are well aware, even among the muscle guys there are those who look down on you if you don't have an E-body, 6-pak car, or whatever. I've also ran across a couple of the FWD guys who think you have to have a numbered car to be "somebody". I enjoy all types and it seems like I have owned practically one of most everything that has been made, Mopar wise.
Anyway, If you want to see some pics, check out my old website;
http://fidnet.com/~dallas/shelby.html
As you can see my garage was full, as well as the shed and the field.
I don't have very good pics of the pilot car but I believe it's photo #s 13-17. When you click on a photo# it opens a new page. To go back, just close that page. You can also see a couple of my older project cars. I have several others but I haven't updated the site for several months. I've sold all the TDs except #6, the Lancer, #13-17, the Daytona pilot car, and #31, the t-top Daytona with the leather interior. I have a deal pending on the #35 Charger and all others that aren't marked.
If you want to see some recent pics of the Lancer send me an email at dallas@fidnet.com and I'll return a few to you. I've been using it for a daily driver.
Later,
Dallas
Old 11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Inactive User

I never knew that was you, I remember that post from a long time ago on turbododge.com. I remember being like wow, thats a buttload of cars. Glad to see they have all went to a good place. My server will not let me open the site again, but I remember. Good luck with the remaining cars. Thanks for taking time to reply, even to my rant. lol
Old 11-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Inactive User

I remember that sale on TD.com also! Still wishing I had some cash (was eyeballing the Lancer myself *laugh*) for one or more of the cars you had...
Old 12-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Inactive User

bump...it's alive again!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:25 AM
Inactive User

Well, since this thread is still alive, I thought I would mention that I sold the last Shelby Charger tonite. I'm supposed to be getting a deposit on the Lancer so all I will have left is the Daytona pilot car and the t-top Daytona which I may just part out.
Dallas
Old 12-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Inactive User

Glad to hear they all went to a good place. You could probable part them out pretty quick between here, boostedmopar.com and turbododge.com, maybe also allpar.com forums. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Inactive User

Smile daytona

I just recently bought a 1990 dodge daytona. i don't much about these cars but I always liked the style. I am a late B body fan Magnums. I own six of them. One GT and 5 XE's. When I bring one of them to shows people look at me like I don't belong because it's not pre 74. Any info on how to modify and and fix or find parts would help. It's a v6. Thanks alot Paul
Old 01-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Inactive User

shelbymopar 89,
The pilot car just needs a little tlc and new paint, which I may get around to someday. I might end up parting the t-top car out. I also have a t-1 Pacifica I need to get rid of. I received the last payment on the Lancer today. It's supposed to leave the state Friday.

Nicom1125,
It's my understanding there's not much available for the 3.0 performance wise. I'm sure better breathing will help it, though. Maybe someone will chime in who has had more experience with them than I have.
I always liked the late B bodys. I drove a big block Charger for a couple of years and a friend has a t-top Magnum he has put a 440 in but has never finished the paint and bodywork.
Good luck on your project,
Dallas