Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Inactive User

Proud owner of a 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca

I am new to this, so here I go.
My name is Marsha and I am a proud owner of a 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Club Sedan, her name is "Julia". She has a slant 6, automatic push button transmission. Currently the motor in her is temporary until I get her stock motor rebuilt and that takes $$. I would love to talk to other 1960 Dart owners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Estacada car show C.jpg (75.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Inactive User

I'd be proud too if I had one of those. I love 2dr post cars.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Inactive User

Red face

Ooohh I love to hear possitive feedback from people. It makes it so my feet don't even touch the ground. When ever we go out for a drive I ALWAYS get looks or smiles or thumbs up. I went to visit my daughter recently with "Julia" and I saw this man taking pictures of her as she was parked in the parking lot of the appartment. He was so excited to see the kind of car his parents had when he wsa a boy, he never knew what it was called. !!!!

Marsha
"Love those fins!"
Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Inactive User

That is an absolutely beautiful machine - I have never seen one before! I'd give my right arm for something like that thing; super cool car! Are you going to paint it the original colors, or go with something custom?

Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Inactive User

Thank you Skwerly, I like her color now for the most part. I'm wondering how close this color is to the original because it is so faded. Her dash is a beautiful color which I'd like to see with "metal flake" or "purlized". I haven't decided what the roof color will be, it will be different from the body.

Marsha
Old 02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Inactive User

Julia is looking mighty fine ...............
Old 02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Inactive User

I'll get some pic's for you - Do you have anymore of Julia ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (32.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (27.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (18.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (19.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (20.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

And the rest only 5 at a time allowed ...............
Not the best pics but all I have at the moment - complete & original except the
wheels which the previous (1st) owner put on - I do have the original wheels/caps

Cheers Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (32.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (30.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (24.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Inactive User

Angry

Tried to PM you but not allowed until you have 25 posts
Not sure what thats about ............... never mind
Old 02-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Inactive User

Default Glad to hear from you

Hey Andy!! Good to hear from a fello 1960 Dart owner. When I read the part of your letter that said "do you have any more pictures", more pictures... boy do I have more pictures. Last week I had a computer melt down so I have to go sift through and rearrange my pictures.
I understand about the 25 posts rule but if we keep up this correspondence and send pictures back and forth we'll hit that mark, no problem.
I like to collect pictures of the 1960 Darts I find because they may be kind of rare, for the first 4 years they gave the Dart a different look every year, so we have a very special looking car my friend!
I've had Julia since 2003 but wasn't able to drive her till 2006. I love to put her in car shows, to date she has won 4 trophies and a third place ribbon from a parade. I am so proud of her, can you tell.
What is the time difference between New Zealand and Estacada Oregon (pronounced eS-ta- kay- duh, Or-ee-gun)? Where are you? I've always wanted to go to your beautiful "island" but my problem is (besides cost) is I am VERY afraid to fly.
I have attached some photos, I'll do more later.

Hope to hear from you again soon. Sorry to hear about your outrageous gas prices, and we thought we had it bad, ouch!

Marsha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Julia and I at her first car show 6-04-06 Z.jpg (46.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg car show winner 5-31-08 A.jpg (54.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin Wonderful

You have no idea how frustrating it was to see you online and not being able to contact you .......... DOH!
But its all good now .............. Quite exciting to find another the same as your own ...........Your right Marsha they are quickly becoming rare salt, neglect, Lack of corrosion protection, Old age etc. I've been looking for a while and you can find the Phoenix and Pioneer but the base model is a lot harder especially the 2 Door Seneca ............

Time yes there is a little difference as I write - Local time in Portland Oregon is 11.30pm Sunday, 1 February 2009 while here it's Monday 2nd of Febuary 8.30pm - So there is a gap - We see the Sun rise first.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Inactive User

Shame your not good on the flying thing Marsha 1 USD gets two of our
dollars on the current exchange rate - Makes for a cheap holiday destinaton.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Inactive User

Here is a couple I have found ............ 2 Door Sedan/Post Seneca Also a couple of Pioneer 2 Door Sedans/post ..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60 seneca 2 Dr 1_675x360.jpg (51.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Pink_2_600x450.jpg (42.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Pink_5_600x450.jpg (40.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 44efa823-999b-4377-864d-feb94fb34973_600x450.jpg (51.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Dodge Dart Pioneer Club Coupe_514x295.jpg (26.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Inactive User

We had them assembled here in New Zealand they were ment to be for the South African market all were four door pioneers - major point of difference in the export 60 dodges was the steering wheel export 60 Darts had the plymouth dash ............ No records yet but Its believed 500 were assembled here ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960 Dodge Matador 4 door sedan2.jpg (41.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Dodge Dart Pioneer Sedan.nz 2.jpg (33.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Andy this is so cool... One of the links you sent me of a grayish blue Seneca on a flatbed is in a parts yard less than 10 miles from here, Wildcat. A lot of the replacement parts I have on Julia came from there. It is like a candy store for me. They only have three (various) Darts and they are pretty picked over already. I thought since you drive on the left in your country the cars had to be right hand steering (but what do I know).
The two tone Seneca looks interesting...you can see the pride on the drivers face by the "S E G" . The pink one needs some TLC, and the brown one with weeds growing around it needs.... everything.

I hve two tell you Andy I am a terrrrrible speller so if you see sum wurds misspelled please bare with me, lol.

You have a great since of humor Andy, I had a laugh from a lot of your postings.

translations: TLC= tender loving care
SEG= S**t eating grin
Talk to you soon.
Marsha
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Inactive User

Well that is way cool ............. I was nearly dribbiling when I first found Wildcat all that Mopar gear in one place .......
I remember yards like that here with rows and stacks - No where as large as Wilcat, not even on a good day and mixed brands ........

You are so lucky 10 miles down the road
I'm in Christchurch, New Zealand - Portland, USA - Approximate Distance: 11,016 km / 6,845 miles and a truckload of water to get accross ...........

Yes we Drive on the left with Right Hand Steer - You used to have to get a permit it changed a little in recent times - Now anything over 20 years is classed as a clasic so left steer is ok - anything less than 20 years $$$ has to be converted so if you like 20 year + US Iron its all good .......
There are ways ........ but etc ..........
Spelling if I can understand what you mean Julia its sweet - I'm not that flash myself LOL ...... Got to slip away time for a cold ale before tea (evening meal) Catch you a little Later

Andy
Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Inactive User

Laugh Snow forecast

2-10-09
Hey Andy, I haven’t been on my computer much lately, I spent some time in the hospital and am trying to bounce back. I have asthma and got pneumonia, sucks, but I try not to let it run my life.
Have you many or any wrecking yards around there? I am looking for a turn signal lever. Apparently they used many different styles on our 1960 Dodge Darts. I am having a terrible time finding the one I need/want. The one that came with Julia I broke last summer out driving. I’m not sure if it can be fixed or not, it is made of aluminum I think and don’t know if they can be welded or what ever.
Right now we are having winter. Today the forecast is snow. You are in summer there right? Do you guys have brush fire problems like Australia? I am so sorry. We have been having this inversion phenomenon where there is no wind or breezes and the smoke from woodstoves hangs in the lower areas. I live at the opening of the Clackamas River George in the heights but the smog/smoke has to go past here to get out. That was part of my health problems.
Got to go for now, my husband is taking me out for dinner tonight so we won’t have to cook, as a "get well/I love you/being a thoughtful husband" thing.
Talk to you soon,
Marsha

:tr
Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Inactive User

Hi Marsha thats not so cool good to hear your on the mend
Wrecking yards no they are a rare thing hear now. We can import
late model Japanese second hand cars here so its pretty much a throw
away world as they are cheap to buy and have little re-sale value

Old US stuff holds its own

Yip its summer here but slowly coming to an end its been nice and hot.
We have a similar issue here with winter smog/inversion layer - its getting better as Log burners and open fires are baned mainly electric and gas now.

Yip not good for the Aussies similar to California seasonal and on going problem
we dont have any of that here - different climate/terrain and bush (forest)

Andy
Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Inactive User

Julia sure is pretty. Sorry if I'm imposing on anything here but I don't have a 60 seneca, but I've (my dad) got a 60 savoy since it was new. From the cowl to the rear glass is the same.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...r1976/1076.jpg
Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Inactive User

Wink

Nice Ride your Grandpa has good taste Nice big Fins.
I nearly brought one not so long ago - should have ............ 1960 was a good year ........... Andy
Old 02-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Inactive User

Hi Julia how ya doing well again I hope? your summer cant be to far away that should help - Julia seen youve been there you may know is there still some sheet metal at wildcat for our rides? I'm going to need a few bits and pieces ...........

Andy
Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin Julia in a Parade 2008

Hello guys, that Savoy is gorgeous, Love those fins!! Marcar1993". We had a mild weekend so I used Julia for my errands, as always I get looks, smiles and thumbs up. I used almost a full tank of gas but what the hell. After our drive I noticed that her tranny leak has worsened, bummer. Wildcat auto wreckers is all MOPAR. Like I said earlier they only have 2 maybe 3 of the Seneca/Pioneer/Phoenix in the yard and they are pretty picked over. You can contact Ed and see if he has anything you can use. Remember he has that project car that he won’t part out cause it is mostly all there and in too good of shape. I think he’s asking $3,000.00 for it (FYI). You can contact him at “wildcatmopars.com” , tell him Marsha/Julia sent you, LOL. I recently got a job, it’s just on-call but I’ll take anything right now.

I have included some more pics, they are of us in a Parade, cool huh.
Talk to you soon,
Marsha
Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Inactive User

Hello!
I also have a 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca. She has been in my garage since 2005 and I have been inspired to get her up and running again, which I did yesterday with the help of a friend - and I am on cloud nine. I jumped online today to see if I could find a forum and here you guys are!

I am the third owner and she is in relatively great shape and will post some pictures soon. The previous owner bought her I think in 1997 from the original owner: a lady that had her mostly in a garage. She's got like 85,000 original miles on the engine, the body is totally straight (never had any serious dents, or dings).

I think that these cars are the most beautiful in the world. Stunning! I have never seen another around here. My pal, whom I bought the car from, lived in San Francisco and never saw one in 7 years,

Marsha, you are not that far away - yay! I am in West Seattle. Being in a car show sounds so cool - love the pix. There are a lot of car clubs around here and I was always too busy to join, but this might be our year. I love the blue - it's my favorite color and I was trying to imagine what mine would look like with blue paint. My car is maroon with a cream hard top.

I need to get a tune up and some brake work, then I hope to do some cruisin'.
I also have some gadgets for her that are stuck in the trunk - the previous owner lost the keys to the trunk and the glove box! I think he bought an original radio as well as a cool dashboard clock. I need to call a locksmith I guess, geez. Since I bought her, I found a couple cool Dart patches for my jacket, a Dart keychain, the owner’s manual and some advertisements.

Nice to see that there are more of us out there!

~d
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Inactive User

Smile

Hello Dixie-Dart, cool name. It sounds to me like we have a lot in common, you love your car like I do mine. You sound like I did in 2004. I couldn’t stand having her and not being able to drive. I replaced her brakes, put in new suspension in her front end, had the gas tank refurbished. I bought another engine 225/6 same as the original, the original is on a stand in my garage waiting patiently to get rebuilt. I had her carb rebuilt which was interesting. My priority was to get her on the road, and then I’ll worry about how she looks. I also have to get her tranny rebuilt I was hoping to get them done at the same time so I’ll only have to drop the engine one time.
Dixie-Dart does your car have a name? Check out my other postings to get more information about “Julia”. Her true color is green, and the roof is a paler shade of green. I’m sure the color has really faded from the original but you know what, I like that color. The top I painted because it was rusty, this is the third color I tried. Your car color scheme sounds “rich” I love maroon with a cream hard top, ooooh so sweet!
I am kind of part of a Neon club that my husband turned me onto. Each year we have this “Run” to the top of Mt.St.Helens, camp over night, have fun. I love to take Julia and rave about how she came first. The guys are very understanding when we don’t climb the hills as fast as they can.
I could go for ever…

It’s exciting to meet someone that has a “sister/brother” of my car, because they are so hard to find.
W
Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Welcome Dixe Dart Look forward to seeing the pics
Old 02-24-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by andy_kiwi
We had them assembled here in New Zealand they were meant to be for the South African market all were four door pioneers - major point of difference in the export 60 dodges was the steering wheel export 60 Darts had the plymouth dash ............ No records yet but Its believed 500 were assembled here ??
How sure are you of that, Andy? I thought you got your Chrysler product fully assembled from both Australia and US/Canada.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Inactive User

Pretty Sure Company called Todd Motors based in wellington assembled them from complete knock down kits I believe they were called - still digging for more information ........... Same for the Aussies assembled from kits in Aussie.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Inactive User

Todd Motors also assembled Rootes Group / Chrysler cars ie Hillman Hunter, Hillman Avenger - which was the Plymouth Cricket in the states and a few others ..........
Old 02-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation Spring fever

Hi all, Spring is almost here and I can't wait to do some more cruisin’. My crocuses are blooming and that’s when spring fever starts. We camp a lot in the summer. When Julia takes us we only need one car, otherwise we have to take two cars (Camry, Neon).

Also "guys" check out the parts wanted section, if you can help me great.

MarshaCR
Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_kiwi View Post
Todd Motors also assembled Rootes Group / Chrysler cars ie Hillman Hunter, Hillman Avenger - which was the Plymouth Cricket in the states and a few others ..........
My Dad had both when we growing up. The Avenger wasn't a bad car - we had a bright yellow twin carb 1600 estate that pinned you in the seat if you could get traction. I guess it was one of those cars you hear about that left the factory with perfectly matched engine parts. My Dad's Hunter was a stocker, but I remember a friend from school buying one with a Holbay 1725 twin carb engine and having a lot of fun with it before he totaled it (the fate most of his cars met with, unfortunately). Andy_kiwi - you brought back a lot of memories with that post