Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb Argent Silver Paint formula

The original formula was done in lacquer,so here is the new formula that was spelled out by Rick Ehrenberg in the Rest-Topics in the June 2008 Mopar Action Magazine! When i spayed my old grille and parts with the old lacquer formula it was very course with just a few coats!. This formula calls for more lighter coats to build up slowly!. The original light argent was DX-8555 and the Medium was DNA-8933 by PPG (formerly Ditzler). You can now mix with these codes!
Aluminum/aluminum base is:
3 1/2oz.s of DCA468 High Performance Clear w/ approx.4 oz.lacquer thinner!
Light Argent:1/2 oz.DX204-Radiance Silver
1/2 oz.DDL8568-Non Smudge
This is for 1 pint,..2X it for a Qt.
Medium Argent: Same as light,just add some black tint to above formula! approx.6-12 drops of black per pint!
Keep gun at least 18"s away and keep the paint adgitated with a bearing or nut to keep it suspended! Allow lot's of time between coats!
I don't know where he got there codes so i can't say that they are a 100% match,..but i'm sure it's close!
I know you can get this in spray bombs,but i find the nozzle clogs easily! A heavier nozzle on a small touch up gun will probably work great. I am about to try this next week, so i will keep you's posted! Anyone out there have a simmilar formula or other tips?

Glen