Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-27-2001, 07:21 PM
Inactive User

This is a invitation to all you mopar trucks that think you got some for the lightnings. We need some R/T's to come up to byron dragway in Illinois this april 8th.

It seems you R/T guys might have a few trucks under $30,000 that can take a lightning for the same price. Yeah right?!?!?!?! anyway just head out that way for some fun guys. hope to see the front of that toaster looking mopar front grille in my rear views. Later.
Old 02-27-2001, 08:32 PM
Inactive User

Hey Joe you are an to cool for school. Let me guess you have a Red lighting that you think is really quick because you put ground f/x and an exhaust system on it? How is the weather in Orlando Park? Figured maybe some of the guys here could admire your truck too.

From http://www.f150online.com/f150board/...ML/009594.html
Old 02-28-2001, 02:05 AM

Well I'd be there to race my brick, but I'm not gonna have the cam in it yet. But I think stock it'd hold its own on the track.
Old 02-28-2001, 03:20 AM

Question

Hey R/TKilla, I think its only fair that you invite R/T cars too. Or are you scared of getting smoked? Thats ok, i'm sure the RT trucks will be more than you can handle. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 02-28-2001, 10:41 AM
Inactive User

Hey man, this is no thread to insult any R/T owners, (I have a few friends with R/T's) just a thread to invite you guys out to a day of some racing. But if you want to make it that way then go ahead.

Well this was going to be a truck war kinda thing, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if a few other R/Ts come out. I don't see how you think a truck VS. a car is fair, but If you want to look at a ford tailgate the whole way down the track, Its fine with us. And no, I'm sure my truck won't be the fastest, but I'm sure it will make for a great show. Just be there and then you can do the smack talking once you take first place. But just remeber that if you want to bring some R/T cars, I think we might have to bring some ford cars to compete with them also. Its only fair.

P.S. what ground effects are you talking about? thats stock. Also, who are you roodypoo?
Old 02-28-2001, 01:56 PM
Inactive User

I live one hour north of Detroit in Southern Ontario Canada. I would like to bring my Brother Ram 50 with a mild 360 down to race.....where is the track and how far is it from Detroit?

The truck runs 13.55 @ 103 but looks stock from the exterior except for '70 340 Dart hood scoops.

Jason
Old 02-28-2001, 05:45 PM
Inactive User

The best way to give you directions would be to go to www.svtperformance.com . All the info is there under the lightning VS R/T shootout. Hey bring them both, its going to be fun as hell out there with all the trucks. sounds like a bada$$ mopar.