Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 AM

Question Help Needed

Our participation on this board is almost none. What do you think is wrong? Any ideas to restore life to Moparchat?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:43 AM

I cannot understand it, a couple of years ago there was always two or three or even four threads you would follow closely for days on end.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:19 PM

I don't have a clue why not many people are using this site anymore. I used to consult it all the time and received much needed help from many mopar enthusiasts. I have a streetrod and I am running another 340 engine and a Tremec TKO 5 speed. I had some problems and questions about 340 engines but thanks to people on mopar chat all of my problems have been resolved and the car is running great. I still check Performance chat from time to time to see what's going on but not much activity on here.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:57 PM

Dick, if you're prepared to look at this request again...

How about you get the default changed for age of threads showing in the listing for each forum?

So often you click on a sub-forum and find the message:

"There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum."

Some people will end their browsing right there, but if threads much older than that are showing, so the page is full, it will look brighter, more active and inviting.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:50 PM

i look on here often but now that the cars running not realy needn much however couldnt have done it without everyones help on here from advise to parts also dirts windin down for this year won championship last year but had problems this year mostly because moneys gettn harder to come by
Old 10-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Inactive User

I don't understand it either. This site has the most considerate, intelligent members. And that is hard to find anywhere else. Pop a question and careful responses are there. Perhaps it is that the site is primarily reactive. If no one poses a question, no reaction. There are ways to introducing new topics that aren't responses, but they are not being used. How about saying, hey ladies and gentlemen, let's hear your thoughts?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
Dick, if you're prepared to look at this request again...

How about you get the default changed for age of threads showing in the listing for each forum?

So often you click on a sub-forum and find the message:

"There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum."

Some people will end their browsing right there, but if threads much older than that are showing, so the page is full, it will look brighter, more active and inviting.
Ray, rather than restrict your choice to sub forums, click on New Posts on the main header and you will see everything that has been posted, regardless of the sub forum. That is what I do daily. Unfortunately, sometimes it will be several days before any new posts have been made.

I post in Ram Truck Chat as often as I can, if I have something new to talk about. Sadly, there isn't much interest.

I don't have the ability to change any of the individual forum features. That can only be done by Andy, and I don't think he stops in very often. As far as I know, I am the only active moderator left.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:13 PM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirorod View Post
How about saying, hey ladies and gentlemen, let's hear your thoughts?
Chirorod, that is basically what I did at the beginning of this thread.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Inactive User

Dick, what I meant was it would be great if people posted thoughts in general, not just help for problems posted.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:20 PM

Agreed, Fred...

Dick, even if you do it that way I don't. And no doubt many others don't, especially if their interests are fairly narrow.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:38 PM

Dick,

I was an active member here forever, but my focus was on my 65 A-body. I grew tired of the B/E body biased B/RB/Hemi banter and found very little content pertaining to my "A" passion. After months on a more focused board, I came back here to find traffic had tapered off dramatically. I dont know what happened, but I just found a more focused board for my car. Its not hard to imagine the A body crowd has a much deeper base because these cars are still attainable and are relatively inexpensive to dabble in. Good luck on the board and will be checking back in from time to time.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Inactive User

Default New Mopars?

Funny - I used to frequent this message board daily, and had to take a moment to figure out what happened in my case:

Family - My daughter is almost 8 - and I like spending time with her. (less "Free" time)

Work - AS9100 and Nadcap certifications at my company - Leave little time at work to horse around anymore.

Then I thought - what about new Mopars?

I now have a Dodge Magnum that I drive daily - And its fun to drive! And with the newer Mopars on the road today, making as much rear-wheel HP as our beloved big-blocks made at the flywheel, has perhaps shifted interest to new sites? I seem to frequent the LX and CustomMagnum forums more often these days...

In my opinion, for the first time since the "Muscle-car Era" one can look to the present day for V8, rear-wheel drive, high-performance cars. At the Dodge dealer!

Now that we can actually go out and buy a NEW Charger that can, finally, out-perform what was only available 50 years ago - These are exciting times indeed.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:39 AM

Sad to see it so dead here.

For myself I guess there was a period of time when I wasn't doing anything new or making progress on projects. I remember this board being slow in the previous years, however the content always made it worth it.

Used to check in all the time but I guess when the amount of posting dropped off so did the amount of visits..

Bought my first project car off somebody here, 68 Charger. I remember I was only 18, pulled a 440 from a 75 'Yorker. Sadly I didn't make much progress on it and ended up selling. Life.

There's got to be a way to modernize this board and get some traffic going.

Perhaps the problem is that it's no longer relevant, and a lot of the classic guys are on the modern mopar boards too from what I've seen.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:00 PM

Life got in the way. Back when I was single, I had a lot of time to be on the board. Now I am married with kids at home.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:43 AM

Just like ehostler said, "life" happened to me too. Graduated college, got married and had kids. I never got out of the hobby but did put it on the back burner for a little. The nice thing is that we can always go back to it when we do have time.

I just finished upgrading the cooling system in my 68 Charger and I'm about to install the new Trick Flow aluminum heads. It feels good to be back after more than 10 years away. I finally got back to racing too. My daughter likes to spend time with me in the garage so she'll be my little helper. Hope we can see some kind of revival.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:22 PM

Question participitation issues

Although I didn't much care for the political threads that were banned from moparchat a few years back, they seemed to spark interest & activity on this forum. A few guys that seemed to add a lot of Mopar knowledge were thrown off for getting a bit too political. Mopars are my passion but man does not live by cars alone. The economy has pretty well put my hobby on the back burner . Politics have changed this country in the last 6 or 8 years. Years which have been exciting with the return of the Challenger, 700 + HP Hellcat engines SRT versions Great cars new Hemi engines. A real Mopar resurgence. I would hate to see moparchat die. I do believe it could be great again.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:01 PM

Question

Allpar? Were we taken over?
Old 12-08-2015, 08:35 PM

no moparts killed this
Old 12-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Inactive User

I too have had issues in life. Having a bad heart kinda slowed me down. ALOT! I used to spend alot of time here just reading the banter between members like dwc43 and TK for example.There was alot of good info here.I have just started to revive my old 87 D150 so I came back here to a proverbial ghost town!
Old 12-18-2015, 02:21 AM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
I too have had issues in life. Having a bad heart kinda slowed me down. ALOT! I used to spend alot of time here just reading the banter between members like dwc43 and TK for example.There was alot of good info here.I have just started to revive my old 87 D150 so I came back here to a proverbial ghost town!
Both dwc43 and TK have been gone for several years.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:51 AM
Inactive User

shows how long I havent been around I guess.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishta View Post
Dick,

I was an active member here forever, but my focus was on my 65 A-body. I grew tired of the B/E body biased B/RB/Hemi banter and found very little content pertaining to my "A" passion. After months on a more focused board, I came back here to find traffic had tapered off dramatically. I dont know what happened, but I just found a more focused board for my car. Its not hard to imagine the A body crowd has a much deeper base because these cars are still attainable and are relatively inexpensive to dabble in. Good luck on the board and will be checking back in from time to time.
I'm fortunate to own an "A" "B" and "E" body car. And never knew there was a bias of "A" body. In fact, I don't see a whole lot of difference except for dimensions. I am constantly jumping from one to another to see how the other body setup works.

But I'm also guilty of letting this form slip. Not sure what causes the downward trend. Other Mopars sites can be more specific. They certainly don't add anything "Overpowering." But I do agree with Ray, And not remove last post just because no recent responce. Maybe by spring we can get this site trending in the right direction.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:46 AM

Question

Last posts are not removed.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Allpar? Were we taken over?
Sorry Imust have had a brainfart while posting -nhdriver (I edited my post)