Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Inactive User

Default Looking for Mopar Modified parts

Hey guys,

I am going to try my luck in the Modifieds (Mopar Engine of course) this coming year and i'm trying to find a few parts. I have a Brinn transmission and from my research I need the following:

Brinn Bellhousing Pt# 79108
Brinn Flywheel w/ring gear Pt# 79160
Brinn reverse mount start Pt# 79060
Brinn clutch and seal rebuild kit Pt#70041
----

I need advice on Motor mounts. Ill probably make my own but if someone has made some I would like to look at some pictures.

Really any advice anyone has running Modified/Mopar I would appreciate you sending it my way. Email: "tyberious71@hotmail.com"

Thank you,
Old 10-17-2014, 07:15 PM

I'm using some old Chassis Engineering mounts…Hemi to early Ford. They use the 32-48 Ford biscuit mount. I'll get some pix…

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com...9-mopar-v-8-1/

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/cushion-set/
Old 10-21-2014, 12:17 AM

Engine Mounts

I just fabricated some from 2" offset Chevy mounts. I just added some tubing to fit between the motor mount flanges. They can be tricky however if you use different engines, like 360 versus 318 as the flanges are in slightly different locations. I thought I had posted a photo of the mounts some time ago, but can't find them on this computer. I will have to look some more, but they are very simple to fabricate.

I am not sure which sanction you plan on running, but not all of them allow the reverse mount starter, so I would make sure you are good to go with that part. Quicktime also sells a bell housing for that transmission.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 PM

I have some engine plates I will sell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rRACE CAR PARTS 003.jpg (43.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg rRACE CAR PARTS 004.jpg (44.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg rRACE CAR PARTS 005.jpg (46.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg rRACE CAR PARTS 006.jpg (41.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-31-2014, 05:31 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
I'm using some old Chassis Engineering mounts…Hemi to early Ford. They use the 32-48 Ford biscuit mount. I'll get some pix…

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com...9-mopar-v-8-1/

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/cushion-set/
Krooser, those mounts look to good to be true. I don't want to modify the chassis so its still sellable to the Chebby folks when I get done with it. I'm going to call them Monday. I need to measure the distance between the frame rails though in order to pick which one I should get. Awesome info thank you!
Old 10-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmopar44 View Post
I have some engine plates I will sell
Those plates are really nice, but I think i'm going to just try and bolt on a set of mounts to the frame rail already on there. Thank you though
Old 10-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340king View Post
I just fabricated some from 2" offset Chevy mounts. I just added some tubing to fit between the motor mount flanges. They can be tricky however if you use different engines, like 360 versus 318 as the flanges are in slightly different locations. I thought I had posted a photo of the mounts some time ago, but can't find them on this computer. I will have to look some more, but they are very simple to fabricate.

I am not sure which sanction you plan on running, but not all of them allow the reverse mount starter, so I would make sure you are good to go with that part. Quicktime also sells a bell housing for that transmission.
Someone else I was talking to told me about the reverse starter issue. I want to run in the IMCA Modified class. I don't see the problem with running one, really odd... I am going to research that this weekend and try to find out which direction I need to go. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Inactive User

Default R and X series Block...

I know this is a lost cause but,

I'm looking for an R (or X) series, 4 bolt, wet sump, 340 main Block preferably an R3 Siamese Bore. I need the deck to be 9.5x or a tall deck to accommodate the 4" stroke crank I want to use.

I'm building this for circle dirt track. If you have an R or X series block you want to sell, please email me at "tyberious71@hotmail.com".

Thanks Moparts!