Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Inactive User

Default Wiper problelms on 71 Challenger

My wiper arms have been scraping the chrome trim at the bottom of the windshield. Also where do you get wiper blades that fit good. Also wipers are not going all the way down.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Inactive User

Question You need to asure .............

that the wiper transmission's are installed properly and at the correct angle. Then you need to look and see if the chrome strips are mounted absoultly flush with the body.
It doesn't make sense that they don't work properly if everything is mounted correctly. Double check everything and you may find something in the fit that doesn't line up.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Inactive User

Default How can

The blades hit the trim strip if they don't go all the way down?
The arms should park about three inches above the bottom of the windshield.
To adjust that distance, pull the arms and put them back on the posts in that position. Now check full stroke to see if they are not going too far up stroke. Adjust positions until they are correct.
If you cannot get a happy compromise, the bushings in the drive arms could be shot.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Inactive User

Thanks alot. I have a project for sunday. I bought the car with the wiper motor in the trunk. I intalled and it worked right a for a little while then started stoping at the top of the on the chrome strip. When I first put the wipers together on the car it all lined up until I ran it a few times. I believe peg leg is right the bushings are probably bad. The chrome strip is worn a little form previous rubbing. Also do you know where to get wiper blades. Ones in Auto zone don't fit well on the arms.